Jedi Knight Jaeden Diem

HBH - Bloodmage

Re: Questions

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:04 pm

LA - Leira Annu wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:36 pm
CA - Clay Atorin wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:53 am
Question on holdings, can a regent that is not a wizard create a source holding and use it to contest? And if you can, do you get support from law?
Do you need some help Clay? No hard feelings from the two invasions, assassination, and subsequent raids. You can trust me.
To be fair, that was all me...
Bloodmage

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:36 pm

SET - Spider Eater Tribe wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:04 pm
LA - Leira Annu wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:36 pm
CA - Clay Atorin wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:53 am
Question on holdings, can a regent that is not a wizard create a source holding and use it to contest? And if you can, do you get support from law?
Do you need some help Clay? No hard feelings from the two invasions, assassination, and subsequent raids. You can trust me.
To be fair, that was all me...
As a matter of record, Clay did send troops in the first invasion and was a general in the second.... Probably can look those up in old turns (Trying not to blur the line into in character)... the rest should be credited to SET.

We never answered the original question though .. can Clay make a source to contest.... That way my LT later could use it to cast in later turns.. I do know the offer of help was in jest... I have always planned to grow the province up and destroy the sources... so kind of a dick move if I got help and later destroy it from growing the province.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:46 pm

I am under the impression, that no action can be taken to interact with sources (create, contest, rule etc) if you are not a blooded wizard (with some exceptions for druids and priests of ruornil that have abilities that allow it)

A mundane individuals can only interact with sources via actions that reduce source potential (ruling non elven provinces) or occupation and militarily destroying source manifestations level by level.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Any regent can create a source (the regents Bloodline allows them to). Harnessing and utilizing it's power to cast realm magic takes a blooded wizard (or potentially bard or other arcane caster).

This second piece can be accomplished either by the regent, or ab appropriate LT working on their behalf. To provide RP to power spells beyond the basic casting (ie to bid extra RP on a dispel magic or something like that) requires the LT to have the RP invested to them via an investiture (and this is no longer available for the regent to utilize).

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:02 pm

I do not believe non-wizards can create sources at all. Unless I have said otherwise, elsewhere.

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Ok this is a case of... Didn't say you couldn't do it... Probably never brought up because it would be a waste... I assume a bard with a wizard lt is not good enough of a magic user to do it.

So declaring war on your own people... In winter it says you cannot declare war... So no way to do it during winter... even though the army isn't moving and in their own homes?
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:02 pm

Need undead or Ice Giants (or some other unit capable of operations during winter).

A bard with a wizard LT should be able to create the source and contest the other source. Opposition will of course make the likelihood of success less.

I'd presume you have someone in your allies with the ability to create and disrupt sources -- for winter efforts I'd be looking to them and making it worth their while to handle the issue.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:39 pm

If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the problems in your province I will swap with you. I’d be willing to do that for you, pal.