Questions - Diaspora IV

LK - Lady Katrijn

Re: Questions - Diaspora IV

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am

MF - Morcuan the Fay wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 am
Hmm. But, if the priority is to make it feel like our characters/realms are living in a fleshed-out world, 'not spreadsheet' and to keep the RP going, then, logically, posting our own news posts would be the opposite of 'actively detrimental'. Mixed messages.
Well, news posted by GM should be brief and not going into too many details. For instance if a war breaks out, simply say that war erupted between X and Y. Then each player can post their own version of what happened (or their propaganda).
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am

Well, I have cursed the lack of map, but on the other hand I like the fog of war. Likewise, the battle-reports/news are fun to read, but not exactly knowing what is going on has its charms as well.

And is there someone that doesn't know there is a war going on at this point? If Mag had no interests (or in other words scouting abilities) in those lands, how would Mag know what is going on? As a mage I don't even know what troops/holdings/buildings exist in the provinces where I have source holdings, so..
Last edited by JB - Jana Boulderbrew on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am

Right. Maybe region-wide rumours could appear whenever a domain takes an action that would send (or call) thousands of people fleeing for their lives. And then those rumours would prompt spin and counter-spin.

As for the current war, right now it's only OOC information for me at least, hahaha.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 am

Ma - Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am
Well, I have cursed the lack of map, but on the other hand I like the fog of war. Likewise, the battle-reports/news are fun to read, but not exactly knowing what is going on has its charms as well.

And is there someone that doesn't know there is a war going on at this point?
What do you mean "a" war? what about the other three?
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:06 am

Mae - Maedhros wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 am
What do you mean "a" war? what about the other three?
This is an OOC thread so I'm not spoiling? ;) :lol:
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Can I use the information ingame that there were not random events generated for people I otherwise assumed to be without holdings? I thought this was automatic each turn?

In that I know they must have a holding and thus capital somewhere?

And if that capital exists in a province I have maps for, do I have that information in character?
Captain Shanol Flint

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:01 pm

You don't automatically know where capitals are. Scouting of where Shrines are would be needed.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Random events can be generated for landless domains and non-domain characters, although usually the target is either a province or a random holding in a province. The random selection doesn't care whether the holding exists or not. Events can target empty holding slots, too. Event rumours don't generally provide much information about which regent the event happens to target.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:01 pm
You don't automatically know where capitals are. Scouting of where Shrines are would be needed.
Unless someone invites everyone to your capital....

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:01 pm
Scouting of where Shrines are would be needed.
What does this mean? Having a scout in an adjacent province, or a holding in it?

And can I determine in game that someone must have a base of operations if they dont have a random event assigned to them specifically each turn or is that Meta info I dont have access to?
Captain Shanol Flint