Questions - Diaspora IV

CIC - Duke Cicero

Re: Questions - Diaspora IV

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Since sea zones have to be explored just like land provinces, could "sea" be a valid choice for terrain mastery?
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm

I think it'd make more sense to just use Navigation for that.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:47 pm

Navigation already does something... sea as a terrain type could work, I guess.

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Can someone explain to me how the APL/Different Classes Bonus thing work for Adventures? I don't want to upset Juan by having just nothing for turn 3 other than my action and the DC.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:47 pm
Navigation already does something... sea as a terrain type could work, I guess.
Is permafrost a valid terrain type this game?

Perhaps change permafrost to 'Parts unknown' as a catch-all for off map and sea zone adventures?
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:56 pm

BS - Sojak wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm
Can someone explain to me how the APL/Different Classes Bonus thing work for Adventures? I don't want to upset Juan by having just nothing for turn 3 other than my action and the DC.
Adventure:
Adventures are rolled against your effective party level (EPL). Success means the check was lower then, or equal to, your EPL. If you succeed, a roll will be made on the Success Chart. "Hits" are taken regardless of success or failure. Regents also gain XP while adventuring. Co operative adventuring is allowed. Take the average party level, + 1 for each extra class type (after first, ie warrior/rogue/cleric/wizard are the 4 "types"), +1 for each extra character (after first, max +5). This is your EPL. You only roll once on the treasure chart, no matter how many characters adventure together. You should decide before you adventure how you are dividing any treasures found. Lieutenants can accompany you on adventures, however, if they do - they cannot perform a Lieutenant action in the same round. Lieutenants, not accompanying a Regent, MUST spend a Lieutenant action to go on an adventure. Each player sending a Lieutenant on an adventure (without the PC), must spend a Lieutenant Action.

If Doing Random Event Adventures in your Turn: Please copy/paste the entire adventure LINE etc. in your turn report. Indicate what bonuses you have for the adventure from Blood Abilities or NWP. If it isn't listed, I won't look it up for you.
So, ideally something like:

Dread Knight to Bishop 3: Province ABC - Temple - Min DC: 3 (+2 Treasure Roll)
DC: desired
EPL: Tom (4), Bob (2), Jack(3), LT#2(3), LT#3(3): APL 3, +3[4 types]+4[5 adventurers]+5[NWP]
[Tumbling: Tom 19
Brewing: Bob 12
Weaving: LT#2 12
Spellcraft: Bob 15
Local History: Jack 20]
=EPL15)

A note on terminology:
APL = Average Party Level (sum of character levels / # of characters)
EPL = Effective Party Level (the final 'value' of your party)

Please put each NWP on it's own line, so it is easier for me to then come in and add [-roll]d20[/roll] beside each one. If you want to [-spoiler] tag the action as well, that isn't a bad idea. In fact, I'd suggest it - especially for adventures which can take up a bit of room.
Captain Shanol Flint

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:58 pm

BS - Sojak wrote:
You get + 1 for every extra character as long as they are within the legal level range of your main character.

You get +1 for every extra class other than your main class. It only once. If you are a f/m you can count +1 for the mage class or fighter class but not both. That takes up fighter and mage in the party. If you take a lt cleric that’s another +1. If you take a rogue that’s another +1. But if you have 2 clerics you don’t get +1 for both. Only +1 once per extra class.

So whatever class you are doesn’t count as another class. (If multi class you pick one class not to count) and +1 for every different class. Well as far as fighter cleric wizard and rogue types. Not sure if you can count Bard as a 5th class. But probably not. Probably just the 4 main types.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:59 pm

BS - Sojak wrote:
Use this template to help organize your adventures
[+] Example Adventure
Explore Adventure

Desired DC 1

EPL 13 = 7 APL + 3 (4 classes) + 2 (3 adventurers) + 0 (Blood powers) + 1 (NWP: Local History 14 ) + 0 (Potion:Bane ) + 0 (items)+ 0 (Modifier)

If Magical:
+2 Det Illusion
+1 Tumbling Dex 15
+1 Brewing Int 13

If Ancient Ruins:
+1 Jumping Str 16 "Ancient Ruins" Adventures
+1 Rope Use Dex 15 "Ancient Ruins" adventures

Hits:
-4 Hits Stoneskin potion

Treasure:
+1 Gemcutting 15
+3 Potion of Treasure finding

Regent 5/6 Pr / Thf = ECL 6
Armor +1

Lieutenant Name Ftr 5 = ECL 7
Sword +2

Other Lieutenant Name Wiz 8 = ECL 8
+1 Hits from Con
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Awesome. Thank you all for your help, all these examples helped.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:03 pm

So you take the average party level. Say that’s 3. Then say you are a single class fighter. Now say you have 4 People going including you. You don’t count as extra so you add +3 to the EPL 1 for each of the other 3 characters you are taking. Now for each class different than your own you add another +1 to the EPL and that’s your total. Unless you and/or your other members have relevant nwps or items that add to EPL. In which case you add those as well.