Questions

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Re: Questions

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:39 am

You could go back to declare war, and then just describe the action as a raid or piracy in the turn report to distinguish between an invasion and a smash-and-grab.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am

I think you are into something there Juan. Shutting down a province trade you have conquered should be possible unless it is a secret trade route. Since you are in the province you have the intel which trade routes are there.

The raid over land you just add that trade routes can be the target instead of province and the rogue looses the GP. But you have to choose trade route or province. Question is how you can optain the information that there is a trade route. Espionage? Any other means? Can you try to hit a trade route and if there is none you go home empty handed?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 am

Do scouts report on trade routes? I honestly don't know, does anyone recall if scouts ever showed them trade routes on their turn report?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:57 am

HK - Hamzaa al-Kalari wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:39 am
You could go back to declare war, and then just describe the action as a raid or piracy in the turn report to distinguish between an invasion and a smash-and-grab.
I was thinking this, basically if we dumped raid. You declare war. If you want gold, you pillage. If you want resources, shut down an incoming trade route, and get whatever resources were on it.

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 am

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 am
Do scouts report on trade routes? I honestly don't know, does anyone recall if scouts ever showed them trade routes on their turn report?
They did not show on mine so I believe the answer is no. I only saw holdings.
Bloodmage

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am

Nope, I used extensively them on past game and never saw that
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am

Trade routes could be public knowledge. They would be the main avenues of news from the different colonies, so it could well become common knowledge when, say, the ship from Graven arrives in Alamier from Randor with stories about those goofball goblins as well as craft goods for sale, and noticeable when the ship doesn't arrive when it's supposed to.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:32 am

HK - Hamzaa al-Kalari wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am
Trade routes could be public knowledge. They would be the main avenues of news from the different colonies, so it could well become common knowledge when, say, the ship from Graven arrives in Alamier from Randor with stories about those goofball goblins as well as craft goods for sale, and noticeable when the ship doesn't arrive when it's supposed to.
That is how it was traditionally known. That and a few survivors would report the issues.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:37 am

They should probably be public knowledge. They ARE generated in the webpages, but I prefer there not being holding info available. I think it is better immersion.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:54 am

I absolutely love holding information not being shown :)
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."