Questions

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Re: Questions

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am

RS - Rogr Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:54 am
I absolutely love holding information not being shown :)
I dont, I loved to make reports of stats, was quite funny to see them..,). At the prior game, used to make them for Central Alliance as we were sharing our intell.
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:59 am

Yeah, I like that too. Is there a master page that produces trade route info, or is it just on each page?
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm

On each realm and character page.

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 pm

I was thinking, on the matter of raids, if you declared war, as normal, but then had an objective type that would determine things. Like a raid, for instance, would have a short duration. You sacrifice some of your battle turns in order to be able to plunder and get back out without having to face a concerted resistance, etc.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 am

The amount of build actions is dependent on your court lvl +1 does that mean in the beginning of we have 2 provinces we can build only one building at a time as our court is lvl0?

What about roads. Can you build them I addition to the building or do they count to the limit. What if you build roads in another regents realm?

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:10 am

You can increase your court by paying GBs (1:1).

Court 0 = 1 project being constructed.

Roads count as construction projects. If you want a building and a road being constructed in Turn 1, pay 1 GB to increase court to Court 1.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 am

How far can a coaster trade. I understand it can only travel along the coast. What about a longship or other upgrades? Are there any limitations on who you can trade with in our region?

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:22 am

Coasters have unlimited range, and in fact are faster than most other ships. But they shouldn't be sent to the islands. Gravenport might be safe, since the straits there are so narrow land can easily be seen in both directions.

Your court level will be more of a limiting factor than the ship's range, since you can't establish a trade route more than court+1 provinces away.

Longships are seaworthy. I think the oared ships are meant to be marked with two asterisks on the table.

Barges are even less seaworthy than coasters.

It's not possible to establish a sea trade route from one side of the land bridge to the other, and there's three land-locked provinces. Otherwise, there's nearly forty provinces to trade with in the east, and ten in the west, with Haven the gateway between the two areas.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:41 am

1. So establishing a trade route where both guilders share the trade route both need to be able to reach each other?
2. You can not establish holdings longer away than capitallevel+1? I did not know that and I defenitly did that last game.
3. How do sea areas count for that distance? For example the island regents.
4. So if there is no priest in one side of the map you wont get any temples established before very late?

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:20 am

UM - Urruli Mithrilhand wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:41 am
1. So establishing a trade route where both guilders share the trade route both need to be able to reach each other?
2. You can not establish holdings longer away than capitallevel+1? I did not know that and I defenitly did that last game.
3. How do sea areas count for that distance? For example the island regents.
4. So if there is no priest in one side of the map you wont get any temples established before very late?
1. Last game it was discussed using combined distance for trade between cooperating guilders, who spent a diplomacy to authorize trade between regents. Unsure if it was fully adopted or only tentatively.

2. Court + 1 (not capital)

3. Sea areas are large areas, but still count as one distance. All provinces on the same seas zone, without a shared border, are a distance of 2.

4. Potentially, last game you negotiated for someone to do so, or you made your own, and could later invest them in an actual priest.
Last edited by YK - Yuri Khavlor on Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"