Questions

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Re: Questions

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:50 am

1. Can you build buildings in other players provinces? Is there any requirement to build for example a shipyard or trainingground except for stone and wood?

2. Can you establish multiple trade routes with another guilder at the end of the route with one diplomatic meating?

3. If you establish one trade route with another guilder at the end with an diplomatic action do you need to use the create trade route action after that or is it included in the diplomatic action?

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:51 am

1. Yes, though you need to have a holding there, and many buildings have to be in your capital. If you have a province, your capital isn't going to be in someone else's. Buildings are capped by province level, so you can't build anything in a province 0. If you don't rule the province, they're capped by your holding level, so you need at least a holding 1. If you meet those requirements, you can build anything, though the maximum building level will be capped by the province or holding.

2. One diplomacy action is for one negotiated trade agreement between realms. If the routes are all part of the same agreement, that's fine. If they're agreed to separately, like, if one is conventional while another is being demanded as part of surrender terms, or if there's three realms involved even though there's only two guilders, that'll be more than one diplomacy action, though they might be done at the same meeting (or series of meetings).

It's perhaps not impossible for more than two realms to join a free trade agreement, but there's a lot of difference between forming one of those and two or three (or more) bilateral trade agreements involving the same realms.

3. Create Trade Route (or any other Create action) is never included as part of a diplomacy action. This is particularly important with our modified rules, since we have Diplomacy as a free action. Similarly, diplomatic agreements often require holdings or provinces to be transferred, but this doesn't happen until an Investiture ceremony is performed. If an action agreed to isn't taken as it was agreed to be taken, the agreement has been broken. Trade agreements usually just give a regent the freedom to create a given trade route, they're less often demanding. Though they may be, if the intent is to have someone supply resources...
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

BB - Bronzebeard

Post by BB - Bronzebeard » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:57 am

Has anyone been able to contact Fhiele's Traders?

I tried sending to the old address, fhylie@gmail.com and it didn't bounce but haven't gotten a response in a few of days.
I sent an email to the new address, Fhiele@gmail.com and it bounced.

Admittedly it is Easter weekend, so may have better things to do than answer email, or he just doesn't want to talk to me, or possibly we have the wrong email listed in the contact thread?
Brom Bronzebeard

The Wizard Under the Mountain

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:17 am

Responses were sparse and delayed in the Taelshore game, and that was when I was playing Fhiele's vassal. I think that's just normal.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:06 am

Personally, if I don´t respond because my character is ignoring someone, I tend to write an ooc message saying so. So the other one knows it isnt just me irl being swamped and not having time.

I seem to recall Fhylie having long responces from time to time aswell. Like most of us occasionally really;) So its propably just that.
Last edited by BS - Torpor on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 am

Fhylie is correct, I typo'd

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:57 am

I remember the question about when was turn 1 due, but don't remember if there was an answer or what it was.

So, when is turn 1 due?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:27 pm

There is no answer to that, no. Still need to make sure everyone's turn 0 is resolved.

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Okay, thank you!

New question. Difference between mustering and training units. It *seems* Like the difference is the upfront cost, and resources. Is that understanding correct?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:55 pm

You cannot muster units above levy