Questions

DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Questions

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:02 am

Correct. T1 spring, only settle. T2 will know if summer when I post a T2 due date

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:06 am

DM Juan wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:26 am
Time's Passage
Each turn, every character will age by 2 years.  Despite each turn being 2 years, each turn will also be associated with a specific season.

"Random Seasons"

Game Starts Spring
Turn 1 - Spring
d2-1 Summers
Fall
d3 Winters

Each Summer, roll d2-1 = that is how many summer turns there are
Each Winter, roll d3 = that is how many winter turns there are

Restrictions: You may only use Rule Province, or Raise Settler, actions during the Summer Season.  

Just so you know :)
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 am

If you have a sea trade route from between two provinces A and B where each guilder has their own guilds at the end can you make a chain trade route inland to province C from B? Its not optimal as B will have used both land and sea trade route slots.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am

Thats the only way to chain.

You cannot double-sea route a province to use less slots.

Chains are a-b (sea)... B-c (land).

Mid point provinces in chains use up both their slots to chain

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 am

DM Juan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am
Thats the only way to chain.

You cannot double-sea route a province to use less slots.

Chains are a-b (sea)... B-c (land).

Mid point provinces in chains use up both their slots to chain
Ah and again I learn something new. So if you want to link 4 provinces together you need to have sea-land-sea or land-sea-land trade routes?

I guess if you have a custom house you could do a chain trade through it just over land or only by sea?

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:59 am

With a Custom House II (first one which gives extra trade route), you could do a land-land or a sea-sea if you were so inclined.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Are people paying their 1 GB and having a Court of 1+ to preserve an action for all these decrees they are making? I want to do this but I doubt paying the gold for them is worthwhile.

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:55 pm

QQ - Quadratus Quinn wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:53 pm
Are people paying their 1 GB and having a Court of 1+ to preserve an action for all these decrees they are making? I want to do this but I doubt paying the gold for them is worthwhile.
Was wondering the same thing. With all of us starting with court 0, it's going to get expensive quick!
Bloodmage

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm not, but I haven't made any 'decrees'. (Except maybe a couple on turn 0, but those weren't public.) I guess it depends on what counts as a decree?

There's a limit on how many decrees can be made in one turn, but some of them (appointing a state faith, for instance) require an action regardless, so a court 1 wouldn't be necessary.

I still think a court 1 being required to take any distance-restricted actions outside your own capital would make sense.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:12 pm

I think there is a difference between a decree as the action, which has an effect of law.

Then there is a decree as an announcement, which would not have the force of law. So a forum 'decree' could just be news that there is negotiation for official titles to be granted later.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"