DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Questions

Post by DM Juan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Yeah, that's fine

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 am

Adventure Logistics (Who can do what and with what actions)

Simple & Straightforward (All assuming a Regent with 3 Lieuts)

Scenario 1: One adventure >> Use Domain Action to send Regent and 3 Lieuts to do

Scenario 2: One adventure >> Use Lieutenant Action to send 3 Lieuts to do

Scenario 3: One adventure >> Use Domain Action to send 3 Lieuts to do (Maybe the Regent is injured, stuck somewhere and using Home Hearkening, or just indisposed for role play purposes)

Scenario 4: Two adventures >> Use a Domain on X.1 to send Regent and 1 Lieut on 1st adventure, and a Lieutenant action on X.1 to send 2 Lieuts on second adventure

Scenario 5: Two adventures >> Use a Domain on X.1 to send Regent and 3 Lieut on 1st adventure, and a Lieutenant action on X.2 to send 3 Lieuts on second adventure

Not Sure Scenarios

Scenario 6: Two Adventures >> Use a Domain Action to send Regent and 2 Lieuts on 1st adventure and have 1 Lieut join the adventure group of a 2nd Regent who is doing the 2nd adventure. (I had never thought this was possible but a few players have suggested it)

Invalid Scenarios

Scenario 7: Two adventures >> Use a Domain on X.1 to send Regent and 3 Lieuts on 1st adventure, and a Lieutenant action on X.1 to send all 3 Lieuts on second adventure (Lieuts can't act twice during the same Turn X.X)

Scenario 8: 1 Adventure >> Second Regent goes on an adventure, No Action to have 1 Lieut join them and help (This is the one that the DM addressed just a few days ago and I had never thought possible and was surprised to see others thinking this was okay. I also believed that Scenario 6 was similarly invalid but now am not sure.)

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:37 am

Can you replace one of your main char actions for another LT action?

Basically, I would do
1: A1
2: A2+ LT1
3: LT2

(This since I want to use the LT´s abilities instead of mine for something)
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am

Yes, you can.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:49 am

On the matter of Religion, can we have each Faith of Tier 1 or higher have to post something as far as their basic beliefs/dogma? As well as general tier abilities/limitations for their priests?

Cariele has four faiths within it, and Daene has members from several of those within his staff -- yet very little understanding (even from a layman standpoint) of what each is about.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:30 am

Direct Quote from the rules on adventures:
Lieutenants can accompany you on adventures, however, if they do - they cannot perform a Lieutenant action in the same round.
Based on the Rules as written, you are allowed to take your full compliment of lieutenants on each adventure that your main character is using as an action. Your LT action just needs to occur on a different round.

21.1 Adventure Full group
21.2 Adventure Full group
21.3 Create Guild
21.3.Lt Create Trade RT

Adventuring with your LTs when you use your main character action does not use up an LT action. There is a difference between round and turn.... The plural adventures is also used not the singular an adventure.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:38 am

Bump

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Is counter espionage a pool or bank that builds up over time? Or is it just what you have available during the turn? If it is a bank is there a maximum you can have?
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 pm

It's a scary bank...you make deposits, but you never know how much you have left in it.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:23 pm

So each turn, you can indicate how much is going to the bank (Counter Espionage Pool).

You also indicate in the second line how much you would bid up to gainst actions.

For example:

CE Pool: +1 RP and +1 GB per turn
Bid Against Actions: 2 RP against any agitate or contest actions; 3 RP against any unauthorized holdings being built or increased; 3 RP/GB (from CE Pool) against espionage actions.
Meaghan 'the Smith'