Questions

DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Questions

Post by DM Juan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:44 pm

I actually think Totem LT should be used on Randoms, and the Animal Sphere companion on mains. To keep each to a single sphere/area.

And don't forget anyway, for Mains: max 6 characters/animals on an adventure.

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Are we allowed to convert a player made potion into a main adventure potion... Mainly a -3 hits potion into a potion of cure critical wounds (3d8+3)... Personally I think stone skin is over powered. A healing potion would be more balanced and in my experience a common item in D&D.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:51 pm

I thought it was 8 total companions and characters... Clay has both Totem and Companion

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:56 pm

Hmmm, maybe it was 8. Brain spasm, heh. I am leery of the Lab potions on Mains (mostly because a potion of Stoneskin is crazy good).

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:44 pm
I actually think Totem LT should be used on Randoms, and the Animal Sphere companion on mains. To keep each to a single sphere/area.

And don't forget anyway, for Mains: max 6 characters/animals on an adventure.
Not having the option for a Totem LT on a Main Adventure does mean a blood ability with less use.

From an ascetic purpose though I could see the desire, but having abilities that work in both are always nice and more favored.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 pm

As far as potions go -- could always say can create either a random adventure potion (stoneskin) or a main adventure potion (cure serious).
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:04 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:56 pm
Hmmm, maybe it was 8. Brain spasm, heh. I am leery of the Lab potions on Mains (mostly because a potion of Stoneskin is crazy good).
Havingg potions usable for main was an advantage for a type of spellcaster for single characters. BEing able to make several potions per turn, an alchemic labo can be a bad idea for main, I guess..and I benefit a lot of that..,)
concerning ppl per turn, yes, limit was 8 last main including animals (capable of combat)
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:04 pm

That is why I was thinking healing potion not stone skin. I also have a scroll of healing from a standard adventure.

We can chat about the totem vs companion. Since Clay has both abilities, I was getting lazy about interchanging them... It is more do I bring a cat I can talk to or a bear .. Both would be about the same HD. Bear may be a better fighter, but cat a better stalker/trap finder.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:05 pm

According to the rules-as-written, there's no limit on the number of characters who can participate in a random adventure, but the maximum bonus from the number of characters is +5, which is reached at six characters.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:06 pm

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:05 pm
According to the rules-as-written, there's no limit on the number of characters who can participate in a random adventure, but the maximum bonus from the number of characters is +5, which is reached at six characters.
We are talking of main, nobody have the trouble with the random concerning number of chars..,)
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas