Questions

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Re: Questions

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 pm

The use of a lt to cast spells makes harder by far a regent priest or wizzie. While a templer/wizard cant make trade routes with the bonus of a rogue class, a rogue class can simply get a lt wizard to cast an spell with source 2, or even worse, a priest for casting bless. They dont really need too much a PC priest/wizard in most cases, I would dare to say than templers are even more affected by this feature, as have less interesting spells than a wizard. Investing in an lt to have a ward or transport done its expensive. In temples is relatively cheap and even rewarding in terms of gold, specially if u can affect guilds. I would dare to suggest than only a lt can cast if the main character is allowed to, like a rogue can do it only if he/she/it have it as main class.

In short, too easy to get a priest as lt and by far more rewarding than allowing a PC take them.
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:49 pm

The LT would have to be blooded to cast realm magic regardless. And if the blooded regent isn't invested with the holdings, they shouldn't be able to cast spells through them, in my opinion. Having lieutenants cast realm magic makes more sense if they're a lieutenant and a source or temple regent in their own right as well. That also means they spend their RP on spells, instead of someone else's, somehow.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Allowing a lt to do it more than once per turn its even worse. You have a lt wizard, and can be exactly as a wizard regent, you have a priest, you have exactly a priest regent use. Its really easy to abuse of these things, even more if the lts are allowed to take more than one action per turn. If you want the heir to get xp, spend RP in raising their blood. it will be a waste, but they take XP somehow cheapr cost than regent.
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:53 pm

If the LT is also a regent in their own right, it makes no sense to use them in place of your own regent actions, either. Yes. Using them in place of a lieutenant action should cost them an action. Using them more than once would keep them from running their own domain.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:04 pm

As a Bard with very high CHA, I have several LTs. I could completely abuse this. I have several specialized LTs... I would limit this to only invested heir LTs.

Regarding lowering the DCs, I thought it was removed for this game and replaced with some better bonus items.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Sure, you can ha e a priest or wizard LT, but then you have to take the time to build out that network as well. Nothing that isn't done already by a multi-class or an heir with multi-class.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Difference is than in this game you can do it as domains are smaller
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:58 pm

CA - Clay Atorin wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:04 pm
Regarding lowering the DCs, I thought it was removed for this game and replaced with some better bonus items.
Juan told me it was removed earlier on in the game.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 pm

IIRC you cannot lower DC but you can still increase/decrease the odds of resolution when it is attempted at the appropriate DC.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Yeah, I think I recall saying you could not do it anymore re lowering DC. I will have to chk what I said. BSB is definitly correct re modifying resolution.