Questions

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Re: Questions

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 pm

Plus if you have con 16 or more you get extra hits. 2 for all classes or more for fighters with higher than 16 con.

BB - Bronzebeard

Post by BB - Bronzebeard » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:09 pm

Also I believe ECL items add their plus in hits, so even though you might not get a character level boost from a +1 ECL item, you would still get +1 hits.
Brom Bronzebeard

The Wizard Under the Mountain

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:15 pm

The hits adjustment is based on how much it raises your class. If multi-class, it has to be +2 to add 1 hit. Your hits equals your ECL + con modifiers.

So is everyone saying they don't have six blood abilities, are level 6, have 8 magic items, and potions galore?

Stinking realm regents...no understanding how to get the real work done ;)

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:42 am

Juan can we have a ruling on if you can willingly screw a captain event that does not influence your holdings and what happens then?

I would maybee rule it that if no one adresses the captain event then you can resolve it negatively but just because you go first in initiative and someone comes after you and realy makes an effort to resolve it you should not be able to fail the captain event.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:04 am

If you are not the regent the event is targeting you should not be able to "fail" it. You should be able to make it harder to solve Like setting the starting number from a 0 to a negative so the one actually wanting to solve it has to spend more to get a higher/better outcome. Or you can solve it. Failure for a PC who is not the targeted Regent does nothing. The wasted action is punishment enough for that regent. Now the thing with Great Captain is that it will be rare for anyone to go for making it difficult over trying to gain an LT but later in the game when maximum LTs have been reached it may start to happen. But being able to fail this while not being the targeted regent is not logical. The event should only be failed when the event is not solved by the targeted regent or someone else within the time limit. Or when the targeted regent attempts it himself and fails himself. Anyone else failing just wastes their action.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:20 am

The problem is that if you allow a captain event to be made harder then the whole event has to be rewritten. When you make a normal adventure harder you can use multiple actions to resolve the adventure. The captain event does not allow this. You already have a fail chanse even if you use 5 GB regent and diplomacy. You can not increase this more. Any bid against will reduce the chanse and make it likley to fail.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 am

If aomeone "fails" an event, and the target of the event also attempts it, their result will override the failed attempt.

Yes, there is a chance of a minor faIlure. 5/36 more or less

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:04 am

A Custom House Trade Route may optionally EITHER extend ALL resources available in the Custom House province to the end province of the extra trade route OR be part of it's own independent trade route, and only covey resources along whatever route it is part of.
Can I get someone to explain this to me as if I was a 5 year old? I think I understand it but when I read it a second time it gets confusing. The words "etra trade route" in the first option is what throws me off.
Bloodmage

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:10 am

It's basically saying for the third trade route, it is originating at the Custom House and supplies Custom House province resources to the extra trade route (so let's say it's a grain province, it gives grain to the new trade route).

Or---It can provide all resources which are coming into the province to the next province (ie a limited chain).

So really you want option two unless you have a string of resources (or don't need all resources) along the new trade chain.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:11 am

I suggest restricting non-adventure events, so that only regents with interests in the province can meddle with them. And further, so that it's not possible to meddle in a source event without a source there, and it's not possible for a source-only holder there to meddle in non-source non-adventure events without a source 7+ there.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."