Questions

HBH - Bloodmage

Re: Questions

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:14 am

TPK - The Pirates wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:10 am
It's basically saying for the third trade route, it is originating at the Custom House and supplies Custom House province resources to the extra trade route (so let's say it's a grain province, it gives grain to the new trade route).

Or---It can provide all resources which are coming into the province to the next province (ie a limited chain).

So really you want option two unless you have a string of resources (or don't need all resources) along the new trade chain.
Gotcha. so it is in a province that supplies Stone, it could supply stone on it's additional trade route. OR - it could provide the Stone/Lumber/and Iron that already flow through the province. Makes sense, and I agree option two would be the route to use.

Many thanks!
Bloodmage

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:34 am

It can be used in a new chain, or it can be used to project an existing chain to 1 unique province, but that short-route, cannot be used as part of another chain.

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:36 am

Got it! Thanks all
Bloodmage

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Are Trade Routes transferable between regents? If so, can it be done as a grant (court) action, or is an investiture required?
Captain Shanol Flint

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:39 pm

I don't know the answer, but I'll try to figure it out from what I know...

If the owner of a trade route doesn't own a guild on both ends, the route can't exist without a diplomatic agreement. If the owner of a trade route doesn't own a guild on either end, the trade route can't exist at all. Since the only thing a trade route does is generate income, and ships can be granted, too, the route can probably be granted with a diplomatic agreement between the two guilders. But if the new owner doesn't already have guilds on the route, then an Investiture is required anyway.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:50 pm

I will just point out that technically you don't need a diplomatic agreement to create a trade route, but it is trivially easy for a guilder on the terminus location to disband any trade route entering the province, that you better have an agreement... ;)

If you can invest another with a trade route, it requires a investiture.

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:07 pm

If you have a racial mixture of settlers... 1 halfing, 1 elf resettling a human province .... Can you pick the outcome race? Random? Or just a messed up mix?
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:08 pm

Elfing...

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm

How I did it with Corrach is, I used my human and Sidhelien settlers to make the level 1 Sidhelien province a level 2 Sidhelien province. Then I was going to Raise Settlers to pull the human settlers back out again.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 pm

For simplicity, probably leave it with the underlying population is the majority still.