Questions

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Questions

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Completing an objective raises bloodline without an action, so it doesn't use the 'Raise Bloodline' free action.

As I mentioned, if we can use Raise Bloodline more than once a turn, that permits tactics which shouldn't be permitted, so that's concerning. Would have been a much bigger problem last game, where players could trade for RP and gain bonus RP from shrines. I guess that explains some of the weirdness with Rhyel.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:22 pm

I had 20rp a turn from shrines, was a little OP.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Can you raid an unclaimed province? Would you get resources?
Bloodmage

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 pm

'Note: Max # of units that can raid are 2x Province level.': If the province is level 0, you can't raid. If the province doesn't have a level, the number of units you can raid with is not a number.

'NB: If the province/holding owners have no GB, you steal nothing.': If the province doesn't have an owner, there's no answer to the question of how much GB the owner has.

It works out to be that raiding an unclaimed province means sending in settlers and creating infrastructure so you can exploit its resources. Maybe you could raid your own province instead of establishing a trade route...

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm

So if I keep my provinces at 0 I can never be raided... Excellent!

Also unfortunate. I would think you could at least get some resources as they are just sitting there without having to settle it.
Bloodmage

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Indeed! The downside would be an income of 1d3-2 per turn per province, and being unable to build any buildings, create any units, or collect any RP.

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:48 pm

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:47 pm
Indeed! The downside would be an income of 1d3-2 per turn per province, and being unable to build any buildings, create any units, or collect any RP.
Which makes you wonder how the Spiderfell operates within game rules as a level 0 province that houses armies...
Bloodmage

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Oh. Do they have source holdings? Those aren't restricted by province level, so you can summon monsters and do alchemy and stuff even if your realm has no provinces above level 0.

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Caine held province source, not the spider. Not a big deal, but always was curious. Maybe the Awnshegh had other things working for them.
Bloodmage

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:53 pm

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm

As I mentioned, if we can use Raise Bloodline more than once a turn, that permits tactics which shouldn't be permitted, so that's concerning.
Well, whether you feel it shouldnt be permitted, it is possible. Malinda did it, as already mentioned.

On the topic of 0 level provinces, remember that they can also be divested by a single unit sitting on them for a full turn.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.