Questions

TPK - The Pirates

Re: Questions

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:24 pm

Nolien to Mhelliviene had value of 3 GBs, only 2 GBs was actually gained due to lack of shipping.

Birmail indicates what the trade route value is up front. It then indicates how much of the capacity was actually gained based on ships (for sea routes -- land routes automatically receive full value).

I lost 2.5 GBs on the Riverford route and 2 GBs on the Mhelliviene route. Also .75 GBs on the Doom's Peak one. And also 1 GB from Puinol.

6.25 GBs was missed on and there was an entire discussion around it back then. Long story short, from then on I always maxed shipping capacity :)

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:34 pm

Riverford was a level 6 province.
Sidhuire, Mhelliviene and Nolien were all level 4 provinces.
Tradebhein was a level 2 province.
Doom's Peak, Puinol and Torien's Watch were all level 1 provinces.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:08 pm

If "Sidhuire, Mhelliviene and Nolien were all level 4 provinces" then "Nolien to Mhelliviene had value of 3 GBs" is untrue. The value of the route is 4GB. You had ships to carry 2GB. Your income on the route that turn was 3GB - the 2GB of the route's value that you actually carried times 1.5 from the gold rush. If you had needed ships to carry the extra income, you would have only made 2GB off the route still.

Look, I'm not you, and I certainly wasn't you in that game - I was still messing around with temples back then. I'm just saying what the data you posted show.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Yes it looks like there were only 2 capacity | MB | Nolien - TN | Mhelliviene - CN | and 0 capacity | MB | Puinol - CN | Torien's Watch - LE |.

The 2 capacity gave 3 GB in income which is 50% higher. So it looks like you just need to have capacity for the original trade route.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:22 pm

I have found the time to crunch the numbers. As long as there is capacity to carry the cargo from the sea trade routes normally, the multiplied income from gold rush is received. Ships are not required to carry the Gold Rush income despite how it may appear on the turn report.

False alarm.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:37 pm

That is what I thought...

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:53 pm

So Guilders have been getting extra XP....I mean....GB this whole time? I would like to propose the rest of us get 20k GB to make it fair.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:04 pm

hmmm.. would be an interesting campaign if everyone is super wealthy. I suspect it would devolve into a game of mega thefts, until only a couple of ultra rich remain, too scared to make a display of wealth and be targeted by the couple remaining domain.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:06 pm

Theft DC dropping and theft being very strong early game already has lead to a great deal of robbery this time around it seems.
Captain Shanol Flint

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:08 pm

I'm pretty sure Gold Rush is only supposed to increase a character's income after the total is known. So it shouldn't change because the fleet wasn't oversized.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."