Questions

MS - Meaghan Smith

Re: Questions

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:57 pm

I'd think the mercenary piece is a holdover from previous games.

Particularly since Arthur is supposed to assume the throne later. Juan has also indicated buildings stick to the regent line basically. If anyone takes over in Graven who isn't able to use shipyards and custom houses they are SOL.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Yeah, stick with picks.

DD - Domitian Diem

Post by DD - Domitian Diem » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 pm

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:29 pm
Sidhelien are ageless, so if one suddenly aged by 111,111 years, neither they nor anyone else would notice. Half-elves in BR age at the same rate as elves in other D&D settings, they're middle-aged at around 175, venerable at around 350, and definitely dead by around 750. So they can soak up aging effects, but not forever. For Sidhelien, while aging isn't a limit, they do have the problem of taking 100 years (50 turns!) to reach adulthood. So they can't rely on dynastic succession, unless it's through half-elves.
Good for haste spells.
Jedi Master Domitian Diem
Jedi Knight Jaeden Diem

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:04 am

Is it possible to use 2 oil of golem bane on a golem adventure to get +4 EPL?

What happens if a Great item is upgraded +1 category?
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:32 am

I've been told no previously to stacking same items. If you had golem bane potion and golem bane weapon or golem bane scroll though, they would stack.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:00 am

Correct same item doesnt stack. Generally the minor items stack with the lab items. If you generically roll a great item, and the adventure calls for +1 step? A good question... Perhaps add a second minor item roll can be added.

DD - Domitian Diem

Post by DD - Domitian Diem » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:07 am

DC roll is maxed
Does this mean DC2 is a 12 not 2d6
Jedi Master Domitian Diem
Jedi Knight Jaeden Diem

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 am

Correct.

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:15 am

Lets say I ruled a city to level 10 somehow. And I had max trade routes, and holding 10 of each type(not source, duh).

Now, why couldn't I split the city into a "City, North", and "City, South",of level 5 each?

How else would a megapolis like London or Rome of several million inhabitants get built?
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am

Just my opinion but a level 10 province is not the same as two level 5 provinces. If you look at the progression of average income by level it is not linear. This would be a mechanic / balance issue. There is suddenly an increase in the amount of potential trade routes.

As a simulation issue your examples of London and Rome were the result of Empire and Technology. London was unsustainable, it relied on constant migration from the countryside to maintain its population at that level. The boons of industrialization created this situation. Rome likewise relied on multiple provinces to feed the city. I have always seen the level 10 imperial city of Anuire as analogous of Rome in many ways.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"