Questions

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Questions

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:43 am

Losing is not a prerequisite for making mistakes. 'Might makes right' doesn't work in the real world, and it doesn't work OOC in this game. You can't lay all the blame for what happens on whoever seems to be losing, while pretending what those who are winning is doing is above reproach, without creating an environment where some people don't have to--or at least, don't think they have to--follow the same rules (IC or OOC) they attempt to impose on others. And when that happens, we get blithering chaos, which leaks everywhere. Self-restraint is a virtue, because without it, longevity is impossible. No matter how much you might like to imagine we could have it if only everyone played your way.

Some of your criticisms are valid, but that gets lost in how stacked they are.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:50 am

If you don't like it then get the fuck out. There aren't any other games. This one is the only one that has lasted. Due in most part to Juan but to a lesser degree to the core group who played and got killed time and time again and....didn't cry and quit.

Why should a new player get to breeze on in without paying any dues like learning for themselves? You gotta pass through the forge and see if you have the mettle to stick around. We let too many people in without having to work at it or test if they can get killed without having an emotional meltdown and we will soon have an unbalanced load of strong willed players vs weak willed whiners.

And then the game will die as the strong willed that have helped keep the game going are choked off by the hordes of untested weaklings who slowly whine their way to a shitty game of nothing but Amy's type of boring nonsensical trash.

This is what she wants. A game where things are solved with words only. She has mastered the technique of yammering on and on about something and circling back to points you know you won but she brings them up again anyway and around and around never yielding despite facts and logic hurled against her shield of manic typing. This is where she will shine! She will wear down the other players through a tidal wave of words that are illogical. Yet making a logical argument is not her weapon or her desire. Her tactic is wearing you out trying to make her see reason. She is immune to this! Reason bounces of her like water off a seal.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:51 am

KC - Kavagh Clan wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:43 am
'Might makes right' doesn't work in the real world
See??!!!

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:54 am

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:55 am

See what? You're preaching to us that if we're the strongest, then our problems will go away. Even though that is clearly not true.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:12 am

Sam, I don't know whether you believe your own strawman arguments, or if you're projecting your own faults onto me. My favourite games growing up were D&D 2e, Age of Kings, and Ultima Online, where I optimized well enough to win a few tournaments. You seem to think I'm the opposite of you, but it seems to me you've gone so far to your chosen extreme, you don't know what moderation looks like, anymore.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:16 am

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:20 am

Memeing, yes, a much easier shield to wield against facts and logic than that of manic typing.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:40 am

And oh yeah! When your dwarf alliance board was open to the public who was it that popped in and said howdy before you posted anything you might not want anyone else reading before Juan could fix it?

I'm a fucking saint!

Well no more Mr. Nice Guy!

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 am

I expect everyone to tell Juan if something obvious is wrong in the game.

Also Im not really sure where this came from. The only thing I asked was a question if you get XP when you fail an action, cause my LT leveled when he failed an action, a question that had nothing to do with you. And you start a Monologue about something completely not related and somehow feel offended.