Questions

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Re: Questions

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Ughhhh biggest disadvantage in all 3 games I have played is actually caring about following the rules.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:03 pm

LA - Leira Annu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm
CA - Clay Atorin wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:52 pm
You can just spend gold. Last game I stopped doing actions. If you spend 5 GB your result will be 7 to 17. It is only worth taking the action if there is an event you really need to excel at and you have the right skill.
I just "spent gold" last game too on those kinds of things, 5GB and cross your fingers pretty much.
I had asked to do such and been told 'have to use an action to spend the GBs on it.'

Given they are events and supposed to be a drain on action economy more than anything, they should all require an action to resolve or to put GBs or RPs towards. If no action is spent, they roll against the table (or for those like Matter of Justice turn into other events if you side one way or the other).
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:05 pm

+1

Or military can be non actioned but is consuming resources (units) that take actions to create.

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 pm

MS - Meaghan Smith wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:03 pm
LA - Leira Annu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm
CA - Clay Atorin wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:52 pm
You can just spend gold. Last game I stopped doing actions. If you spend 5 GB your result will be 7 to 17. It is only worth taking the action if there is an event you really need to excel at and you have the right skill.
I just "spent gold" last game too on those kinds of things, 5GB and cross your fingers pretty much.
I had asked to do such and been told 'have to use an action to spend the GBs on it.'

Given they are events and supposed to be a drain on action economy more than anything, they should all require an action to resolve or to put GBs or RPs towards. If no action is spent, they roll against the table (or for those like Matter of Justice turn into other events if you side one way or the other).
I often assume things are how they've always been then go "Huh?" when it changed.
I recently did a leadership strength test, and my #1 trait is Context, which is knowing the past and understanding how it applies to things now. Good trait for a history major I guess. It does sometimes lead me to seeing things as they were, not as they are.

Also, the regent bonus for attending is significant in a low resource game. In Diaspora it made less sense since we had ducal size holdings.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Yeah, most of them will require an action to modify beyond the base 2d6 rolled.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 pm

I looked them over, added that Festival you can throw cash at. A couple already have exceptions for "picking a side." You cannot spend the GB except on festival, without an action.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:57 pm

What about diplomatic incident? Most common way to smooth things over in diplomacy is a pile o' cash.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:06 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 am
I will update Random Events later today. Generally, you cannot skip an action on them. A few you can opt not to action.
This basically means we were all correct. :lol: it depends of the event... I think you will need to wait for the update then cross reference with your specific event.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Yeah, I agree. But the reward for Diplo is +d6 GB/RP if you score high. Seemed lame that you can free action trade 5GB for d6 of something.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Reduce the reward then. 1d2 or 1d3 GB/RP if you score high.
Meaghan 'the Smith'