Questions

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Re: Questions

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 am

Was the maximum regency stored cap removed? I cannot find where it is, in the rules section.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am

Cannot research access to additional realm spells for priests, it is limited by the ones available to their God.
-

Maximum was 15+2xBloodline
It is in the "start up" etc thread, third post. :)

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27 pm

So back to my question. Does a magican get the +1 EPL per 2 levels for war adventures?

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:29 pm

They shouldn't be as effective as a wizard. I could see something like +1 period, or +1 per 4 levels.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Or invest them with a bloodline, so they become a wizard, thus dodging the question.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:56 pm

I think "no."

The reason I say this, is because I think unblooded wizards (or magicians) didn't have battle magic, but unblooded priests do. This is a clear explanation for the otherwise vacuous argument in the setting that "priests were the decisive edge against the Sidhe" ... as if unblooded wizards had battle magic, the "priestly edge" would have been at least matched by the "wizard edge" in battles from the Sidhe side, and the setting background doesn't therefore make particular sense.

Also, I think it is also better from a game balance perspective.

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Ok. Someone mentioned giving a magican a bloodpoint. Does that make him a wizard?

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Yep, takes an investiture and he gets 1 blood and bestowrr loses 1 blood.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 pm

I get that, but does his class change to wizard?

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Yes, unless he wished to remain magician. :)
Meaghan 'the Smith'