Questions

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Re: Questions

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:42 pm

please delete all these rabble from the questions thread and put itr somewhere else

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm

New questions thread is up. I've been going back through, but if anyone finds any pertinent questions I missed since page 200 please flag them :)

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:47 pm

TPK - The Pirates wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm
New questions thread is up. I've been going back through, but if anyone finds any pertinent questions I missed since page 200 please flag them :)
Well done. Thou if it lasts more then 2 weeks before getting nonrelated stuff in it Ill be shocked.

Keep writing questions here and transfering maybe?
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Yes please do that. No discussions in the other.

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:56 pm

GG - Gorka Greybeard wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:47 pm
TPK - The Pirates wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm
Well done. Thou if it lasts more then 2 weeks before getting nonrelated stuff in it Ill be shocked.

Keep writing questions here and transfering maybe?
Whiner! :)

I'm capturing the 'questions' and giving them a first post spot for consolidation. Even if people post unrelated crap (and I'll be one of them I'm sure) it can still be brought to first page for ease of access and finding.

CBC - Garand

Post by CBC - Garand » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:07 am

Ok - question of trade.
I'm new(ish) and I do not understand trade chain benefits unless it is the only way to move multiple resources.

Question: would the following unlinked trade routes supply all resources to all provinces?
Or do the routes need to be linked for wood and stone to flow to all provinces?

Arcadia to Broken Toe (wood/iron) sea
Ghronok to Gnarled ear (stone/grain) land route.
Broken Toe to Kresk Tooth (iron/grain/"wood"??) Land
Kresks Tooth to Gnarled Ear (grain/grain/"stone"??) sea

☆☆☆☆☆ To narrow my question down would connecting Kresk to Gnarled cause stone to flow to the other provinces through the other non-linked pre-existing trade routes all the way back to Arcadia?

☆☆☆☆☆☆ Or would the ghronok ->gnarled need to link -> kresk for kresk to have stone.
Then the Kresk -> broken toe trade route needs to link to GH->GN trade route in order for iron & stone & grain to be supplied in all provinces.
Then linking the Broken toe -> Arcadia route to the GH->GN->KR->BR trade chain for wood to flow to all provinces?
Final trade chain Gh->Gr->Kr->Br->Arc, for base route + 3 total links? With all resources flowing to all provinces?
Kaigan: Before the ancient flame..
"We grieve."
Kaigan: At this loss..
"We weep."
Kaigan: For the fallen..
"We shout."
Kaigan: And for ourselves..
"We take our leave."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 am

[+] Chain rules
DM Juan wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:25 pm
Trade
Max #
Province: 1 Land, 1 Sea
City: 2 Land, 2 Sea
Single Province Island: Province 3 - 2 Sea routes (no Land)

"Chain Routes"
Rogue Class characters can 'Chain' Trade routes.  They can Chain up to length 1 + Level / 3 (rounded UP).  Eg, Level 4-6 = Chain of 3, Level 7-9 = Chain of 4.

So, Chain Length 2 means:
A -> B -> C
D -> E -> C

A&B: Resources from A/B/C
D&E: Resources from C/D/E
C: Resources from A/B/C/D/E

Chain Length 3 means:
A->B, B->C, C->D (A -> B -> C -> D)

All 4 have resources available from any of those provinces.
Non Rogue = A given province has the resources of its own, plus what is brought in by a trade route
Rogue 1 Chain of 1 = Resource from the next province along the 'chain' is alsoavailable in the province. (Calculate from both directions)
Rogue 2-3 Chain of 2 = resources from trade routes, plus the routes they connect to, plus routes they connect to. (Prov +3 proves in both directions)
Rogue 4-6 Chain of 3 = Prov + 4 provinces' resources in both directions.
Rogue 7-9 Chain of 4

Custom house have special rules.
Resources brought to your province by other domain trade routes ARE NOT carried on your trade route chains.

A non rogue will always be missing a resource in their provinces without the benefit of a custom house.
A Rogue 1 can have all resources in a province, if resource availability is balanced.
Rogue 2+ have the ability to spread resources more and more effectively, when provinces are not balance, carrying rare resources farther along the chained trade routes.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:42 pm

FYI to other rookie guilders. Goldrush benefits trade routes, but sea trade only benefits if you have the ship capacity. So assign extra ships before you get the benefit of the spell.

I left some money on the table, and won't be making that mistake again.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:44 pm

oof...that one is always a painful lesson :)

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Good to know!..,).
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas