Questions - Diaspora IV

DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Questions - Diaspora IV

Post by DM Juan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:02 am

Or, work together with complimentary faiths? Or just let the plague burn out?

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 am

Maybe you can blight the land until the plague is driven out by the high cost of living.

(If I got hit with a plague, I'd probably just try to research a cure.)
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:08 am

Juan I dont think it is wise to have the plagues spreading this early. There are to many provinces that dont have temples yet. You would have a situation where you would have to cast bless lands each turn and even then the plage would come from neighbouring realms again and again. As you need a tempel 1 in affected province to cast bless land the plague can not be cured unless you are so luckey that all affected provinces have a temple.

All religions should have Bless land as a bonus realm spell if you want to plague to be that hard core. Otherwise we are back to where we started that priests cant start with any other realm spell and must cast bless lands most of the time.

And when is the random event counted as failed? If it spreads many regents bloodline would be hit as they cant do much.

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:23 am

I rather assumed it was one plague for every group that drained power from the pool instead of cleansing it, thus supporting the death part there, but I might be wrong of course;)

If it was my lands, and its Malaria, as a wizard I would just try to develop a realm spell to kill all mosquitos, so the plague would stop spreading that year;). May not be able to heal with arcane, but killing bugs? that should be easy.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:32 am

Unless our characters are all knowing, I don’t see how they would know killing mosquitoes will help.. unless they research that first of course.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:35 am

That is somehow what happened once to our RPG group, playing the Ars Magica. One of them trying to be scientific, and the rest trying to explain than the plague was caused by diminute demons that , by the smell, enter your body and kill you. Best solution was hot water with an infusion, and a nice blessing from a local priest. Taking pills?..absurd!..,). So not necesarily we know in advance how to defeat a plague. How much time until someone realize the plague was transported by rats and that by murdering all cats for wittchery was a huge mistake?..,)
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:36 am

MM - Maro Mithrilhand wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:08 am
Juan I dont think it is wise to have the plagues spreading this early. There are to many provinces that dont have temples yet. You would have a situation where you would have to cast bless lands each turn and even then the plage would come from neighbouring realms again and again. As you need a tempel 1 in affected province to cast bless land the plague can not be cured unless you are so luckey that all affected provinces have a temple.

All religions should have Bless land as a bonus realm spell if you want to plague to be that hard core. Otherwise we are back to where we started that priests cant start with any other realm spell and must cast bless lands most of the time.

And when is the random event counted as failed? If it spreads many regents bloodline would be hit as they cant do much.
Then my advice is to seek the nearest priest and give him/her/it support. That will encourage people to join forces instead of having a microunivese of 26 fragmented faiths..,)
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 am

That is nice and good but it does not help that the plague is going to spread like wildfire if it spreads to 1-2 extra provinces each turn. My guess is that there are not that many faith yet with bless land. For Juan it will be quite som administration if the plage has spread to multiple provinces.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:27 am

The main thing plagues do is slow down growth and set players back for a while. So, they can make the game easier to run... The #1 burden on the DM is dealing with large, wealthy, powerful realms with active armies, something that plagues put a notable damper on.

Might help more if Bless weren't the (only) established solution, but there's still few things that put the brakes on that better.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 am

MM - Maro Mithrilhand wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 am
That is nice and good but it does not help that the plague is going to spread like wildfire if it spreads to 1-2 extra provinces each turn. My guess is that there are not that many faith yet with bless land. For Juan it will be quite som administration if the plage has spread to multiple provinces.
Come on, everyone of us know that is not a job, but a pleasure to him..,). The evil laughters when deciding where to spread...;). There are around 7 faiths listed, I expect almost everywheree there is a priest to bless. If u dont have it, u did wrong..,)

For not to mention in past game, plagues were so awful than they needed two blesses on a row, or 50% with a single one. That hurted!..,)..this one is a common cold..,)
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas