Questions - Diaspora IV

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Re: Questions - Diaspora IV

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:58 am

I played a Bard, I specifically not allowed Realm spells back then.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 am

No, Bards cannot cast Arcane Realm spells.
Bards cannot multiclass unless/until a faith picks them as a secondary class of their faith, at which point Bard/Priest is possible if you are a Priest-Bard of that faith.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 am

In the core rules it says only Wizards can cast arcane realm spells.

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:02 am

Can we have the News back? By now most people can contact most people if needed and news of big stuff should travel.

The news has always been a fun part of the game and I miss them :P

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am

And I'm over here talking about how much more I like the game without the news. I like how everything has to travel by word of mouth between the regents.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 am

Trouble is, that seems to mean 1/4th of the players hear all the news while 1/4th of the players hear none of it.

(I'm sure there's IC ways to solve this, though.)
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:14 am

I think it's a factor of location that makes news a necessity for some. If you happen to get placed with inactive players, or by a group that keeps things internal it creates an unrealistic situation.

If things are happening that affect large amounts of people, then it should be making the news if players are not putting in the effort to shape the story and rumours. Information gateing shouldn't really be a thing, at least without any regent being capable of it by default.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am

AP - Apiskopalny Piekielne wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:14 am
I think it's a factor of location that makes news a necessity for some. If you happen to get placed with inactive players, or by a group that keeps things internal it creates an unrealistic situation.

If things are happening that affect large amounts of people, then it should be making the news if players are not putting in the effort to shape the story and rumours. Information gateing shouldn't really be a thing, at least without any regent being capable of it by default.
This coupled with the fact that it is actively detrimental to post your own news posts means I think global news is necessary to keep the RP going and make it feel like our characters/realms are living in a fleshed out world, not spreadsheet.
Captain Shanol Flint

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 am

I agree with AP completly. Several of the players here do not comunicate very much and they are not knowing what is happening in the game. It also get strange if I should ask every regent all the time what they are involved in that should be major news. Invasions and war should not be something that can be hidden from others.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 am

Hmm. But, if the priority is to make it feel like our characters/realms are living in a fleshed-out world, 'not spreadsheet' and to keep the RP going, then, logically, posting our own news posts would be the opposite of 'actively detrimental'. Mixed messages.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."