Questions - Diaspora IV

BS - Torpor

Re: Questions - Diaspora IV

Post by BS - Torpor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Maybe its me, but I think I searched through the Training rules and didn't see how one goes about getting training points.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm

= to Weapon Proficiencies + 2x Training Ground levels

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 pm

You get 1 per Weapon proficiency the training char has + 2 per level of Training Ground

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:15 pm

And are they used up when you use them to train troops or are they more like Tiers themselves?
Tor'por
- Robert E. Howard

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:18 pm

Training points are used up to train units, but WPs can be used to produce training points as many times as you're willing to spend actions on training with that character.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:18 pm

Think of them like currency. you get that many training points each action. You spend them to train troops off the training list. So it would take 1 TP to train an irregular unit from levy. If you have 4 pts per turn, you would then have 3 more that action to train the irregulars further, or other units as well.
Bloodmage

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:18 pm

So if you have say 8 Weapon Proficiencies, and a Training Grounds I
that is 10 Training Points per action you spend training.

Train Levy > Irregular (1) -> Infantry (2 more), etc

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Ok, its per action. Awesome. Thanks.
Tor'por
- Robert E. Howard

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:24 pm

Fighter level 1 has 4 WP...Say he has built a training grounds level 2 as well He has 4 + 4 for training ground so 8 total. In 1 Turn he has 8 Traing Points or TP to train units with. Look under war force pool and then the training link and you can see how many training points it takes to train up units. You Muster levies as the base unit. then you can raise 1 level to 1 irregular for 1 Training point. You can train 8 Levies to 8 Irregulars or you can train 1 Levy to an Infantry which costs 3 TP (1 from levy to irregular and 2 from irregular to infantry.) So with 8 TP you could train 2 levies to 2 Infantry and have 2 TP left over. You can use all your TP for every "training" action you use.

[+] Training
Tier Unit Resources Holdings Training Points (from prev) Cost (from prev) Previous Unit Required: NWP/WP Required Upkeep
1 Levies None None None 1GB None None 1GB
2 Irregulars None Law/Guild/Temple 1 1 1GB Levies None 1GB
3 Infantry Iron Law 2, Guild 3, Temple 2 2 3GB Irregulars WP: sword, mace, hammer or ax 1GB
3 Pikemen Iron Law 2, Guild 3, Temple 3 2 3GB Irregulars WP: any polearm 1GB
3 Scouts Grain Law 2, Guild 2, Temple 3 2 3GB Irregulars NWP: riding 1GB
3 Archers Wood Law 2, Guild 3, Temple 3 2 3GB Irregulars WP: bow or xbow 1GB
4 Cavalry Iron, Grain Law 3, Guild 4, Temple 3 4 3GB Scouts NWP: riding & WP: Lance or Spear & WP: sword, mace, hammer or ax 2GB
4 Medium Infantry Iron, Wood Law 3, Guild 4, Temple 4 4 3GB Infantry WP: sword, mace, hammer or ax & WP: any polearm 2GB
4 Unique Tier IV Any 2 (based on what your unique unit researched ends up being) Law 3, Guild/Temple 4 4 3GB TBD TBD 2GB
5 Heavy Cavalry Iron, Wood, Grain Law 4, Temple 5* 6 4GB Cavalry NWP: Riding & NWP: Heraldry & WP: spear or lance & WP: sword, mace, hammer or ax 2GB
5 Heavy Infantry Iron, Wood, Grain Law 4, Temple 5* 6 4GB Medium Infantry NWP: Endurance & WP: sword, mace, hammer or ax & WP: any polearm 2GB
--- Artillery** --- Siege Workshop --- 6GB --- --- 2GB
*NB: You may only have 1 Tier V unit per Law 4 (though as with training/recruiting in general, Training Grounds count towards this number; Law 5 would allow 2 Tier V units, Law 6: 3... etc) or Temple 5 (if your faith has the required points spent on the ability).  If you are a Mercenary, you are limited to 1, once you have a Training Grounds IV.  Unique Unit can be Researched/customized in game.

Karamhul, Orogs, Goblins and Gnolls use Endurance NWP for Scouts or Scavangers. Goblins and Gnolls use Endurance for Marauder units. Goblins use Exotic Riding for Wolfriders.

** Artillery are only mustered as replacement for units that die, when you have a Siege Workshop.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:00 pm

BM - Brucal von Mauler wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:24 pm
Fighter level 1 has 4 WP...Say he has built a training grounds level 2 as well He has 4 + 4 for training ground so 8 total. In 1 Turn he has 8 Traing Points or TP to train units with. Look under war force pool and then the training link and you can see how many training points it takes to train up units. You Muster levies as the base unit. then you can raise 1 level to 1 irregular for 1 Training point. You can train 8 Levies to 8 Irregulars or you can train 1 Levy to an Infantry which costs 3 TP (1 from levy to irregular and 2 from irregular to infantry.) So with 8 TP you could train 2 levies to 2 Infantry and have 2 TP left over. You can use all your TP for every "training" action you use.
Juan has also allowed unused TP to be carried forward, so in the example above:
the player could take a second training action, Gain 8 TP + 2 TP leftover for 10 total.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"