Questions - Isles II

DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Questions - Isles II

Post by DM Juan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:44 pm

The idea is to switch things up, by having everyone shift what/who they are playing. So someone else would take over BS, and you would take on any other available character (so if people can post their top 3 preferences in their forum, I can sort through where to put people).

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:45 pm

http://taelshore.eu5.net/Isles2/

Map, with holdings/domains up - well, you will know where each character has holdings, you don't necessarily know what level those holdings are.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:02 am

How many people are planing on playing this variant? Maybe there should be a roll call before we start bidding? Will you run this Juan if only 10 players plan to play? You would have a hell of a jobb managing all the NPCs. Also I am not realy familiar with all the regents and there are some new domains that have been created.

Conclave x is a new domain with a Orog?

There are new regents that have not been played before. GB for example (Karamhul) can they be choosen as well?

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:22 am

Its a set number of domains, and picking among them. Like regular birthright, where you´d pick Avanil, or diemed, or wichever regent.

Realms are the on on show. Some of the regent are all new, some are just much older. If you don't want to play a realm with history, then there are the new ones.

For whoever picks the mistwood/Maedhros heir Aegwynn I will write a short summary on her motivations when game ended, and on family members, and answer some questions. Does not mean those MUST be followed of course, its a starting point. I wont be following every detail on whatever realm I take over, but I wont be going hostile on their best friend without very good reasons either.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:56 am

Hey what's it called when you express your displeasure or anger at something by asking a question as if you're concerned about an issue that no one else but you is worried about or even thinks is an issue? Closest I could find was "negging". I assume there's a better word for it....probably French.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:28 am

BM - Braun von Mauler wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:56 am
Hey what's it called when you express your displeasure or anger at something by asking a question as if you're concerned about an issue that no one else but you is worried about or even thinks is an issue? Closest I could find was "negging". I assume there's a better word for it....probably French.
When done productively it is a Socratic inquiry. Dishonestly, it is being passive-aggressive.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:11 am

There are a mix of established and new regents, if you want to have more customization, play one of the new domains. If you want to play a domain that has a backstory created by another player, play an established domain. The established domains, assuming you take over with an heir, will have bonus starting inherited DP related buys from last game. The more customizable realms won't. I have considered we will not have enough people for all the domains, there may be a bunch of NPCs. That is fine at the start.

The remaining Gods will be added in, waiting in some cases for people to finalize how they designed their faith.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:35 am

1 : The Waste Mage (Avail) - WM
2 : Riva (Avail) - RC
3 : Name TBD Elf (Avail) - TH
4 : Bolag Ma'al (Avail) - CH
5 : Volcano Mage (Avail) - VM
6 : Raven Queen (Avail) - RQ
7 : Meliae Aghmohr (Avail) - AA
8 : Vaclav Stepanovic (Avail) - AP
9 : Aurelia (Avail) - FTC
10 : Brom Bronzebeard (Avail) - BB
11 : Aegwynn (Avail) - Mae
12 : Hegha, the Runt (Avail) - TRT
13 : Ybsol, The Elemental Mother (Avail) - MY
14 : ? Mithrilhand (Avail) - MM
15 : Domitian Diem (Avail) - DD
16 : Traigon (Avail) - DH
17 : Torpor (Avail) - BS
18 : Vic Vru (Avail) - VV
19 : Jolanthe Von Jonke (Avail) - JJ
20 : Alim Buyucu (Akilli Ardickusu) (Avail) - AB
21 : TBD Gnoll of Clan Crow/Mange (Avail) - CBC
22 : JNG - Carilion (Avail) - JNG
23 : Jasmina bint-Haqim (Avail) - JbH
24 : TBD-Elf (Avail) - TBD Elf
25 : Terrance Daneslav (Avail) - KE
26 : The Red Knight (Avail) - RK
27 : TBD Orog (Avail) - CX
28 : Merchant-Prince Abdel (Avail) - MPA
29 : Bloodmage (Avail) - HBH
30 : Llyros Bloodmoon (Avail) - HoS
31 : Lark Crowson (Avail) - NH
32 : Grimm Bronzebeard (Avail) - GB

These are the available domains, I indicated pick preference by next Friday. The regent(s) will change for many/most of them, once you take it on. Some you will have the option to continue as the listed regent, but you will still be reset to 12K XP, and 21 Bloodline.

There are currently 25 players, so of course, some will likely remain NPCs.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:05 pm

The only regent we can not pick is the one we played correct?

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:13 pm

I think you're supposed to pick someone from a different faction. So, in your case, you should avoid picking any of the dwarven states.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."