Turn 3

HBH - Bloodmage

Re: Turn 3

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:37 am

We understand. And thank you! Been a fun ride, mostly.
Bloodmage

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:37 am

Let’s respect that Juan didn’t ask for advice here, and just limit ourselves to expressing our deep gratitude.

Thank you, Juan. And thank you to the player base as well.

I started mid-way through Giantdowns. I think it was Jørn who roped me in from another (ill-fated, soon-to-end) game we were playing in. It’s been a hell of a ride.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:32 am

NH - The Nightingales wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:32 pm
Circa March 2012 is when EM started I believe. So 10 years ago.
That's a heck of a run.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:56 pm

It was agood ride, good to be here : 3
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

KB - Kargrim Bronzebeard

Post by KB - Kargrim Bronzebeard » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:00 pm

Very sorry to hear that Juan. Having DM'd myself can totally understand.

It has been an absolute pleasure over the years.

All the very best for the future.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:08 pm

TRT - Hegha the Titan wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:37 am
Let’s respect that Juan didn’t ask for advice here, and just limit ourselves to expressing our deep gratitude.
He explained the situation and expressed that he didn't know what to do. And then the people who caused the situation leapt to the conclusion this meant it's 'gmae over' and 'out of continues' so that it's time for them to celebrate, which seems to have given many others the same impression. This isn't even the first time they've attempted to pull that trick.

So, yeah, Juan didn't ask for advice here, we could respect that. We could also respect that what he can't put up with is something he doesn't have to put up with, and we don't all need to give up just because there are some among us who mainly play games like this because they enjoy spoiling such games for others.

'Expressing our deep gratitude' is like thanking him for letting them do that, as if the reason Juan hasn't been enjoying the game were the reason we were. For me at least, that just isn't the case.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:35 am

I was late to the party, but I enjoyed the last game immensely, and cannot thank you enough for the warm welcome, and how you deal with all the crazy ideas/backgrounds people come up with. Respect. And a very big thank you, Juan.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:59 am

DM Juan wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:55 pm
Hey, sorry. I have been busy, yes. But that isn't really the root issue (more an excuse, I guess). I had a kind of mini melt down, and fundamentally find a lot of the in game communication has become horribly toxic. I just don't want to read it, or deal with it. Frankly, I cannot deal with it anymore... I don't really know how to move beyond that, at this juncture. Maybe it has become too large and sprawling and need to tri the size, but over the last couple years, interactions have become more and more unpleasant and eventually I just cannot do it anymore.

Thank you from Rhurch Rockhammer, leader of the dorf temples who "plane shifted" his entire realm to Moradin's plane at end of EM.

Thank you from Amara, who appearently became a minor goddess after bedding many of the regents in Torova and bloodthefting her way to power(also, thank you Balor for being bloodtheftable)

Thank you from Daene, a moderately evil priest of Azrai.

Thank you from Erin Tariene, my first paladin of Cuiraecen, brutally killed by some random other player. My next char was not memorable in that game.

Thanks from Leoda Kjetilsdottir, a total badass half-elf cleric/fighter with dreams of Empire, carefully and slowly nurtured to some success.

Thank you from Valen, my bisexual badboy but really a goody-goody bridge between the humanists and the sidhe.

Thank you from my next wizard lady, who had 2 husbands at the same time.

Thank you from her granddaughter Eria, a half-demon who really didn't make much impression on the world because it ended soon.

Thank you from Aurelia of the FTC. Playing "Good" is fun. Do it more.

Thank you from Grimm, I didn't really get into him much, it was just a start.

Thanks from Joe, for keeping me entertained with these forum games for so many years.

Now, if you're up for continuing, cut some dead weight(or hostile weight as the case may be) and I'd be happy to go again or even keep going in D5. You'll always be my dungeonmaster, I'll play your games anytime.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:22 am

Oh, good idea. Roll call of characters!

Cheers from Wilhelm Danig, who really just wanted to be left alone in his bar in the Chimaeron, but more importantly didn't want to die.

Cheers from Wulf von Blutstein, a a dude on the remote western islands who tried to destroy the world.

Cheers from Jude the Nesirean, a prophet crying out in the wilderness to make straight the way of the Lord.

Cheers from the Ice King, who really just wanted to find somebody to love, and his daughter the Ice Queen Elsa, who was devastated by the loss of her father and brother. Their elite unit of magic penguins never saw battle, but surely would have been formidable!

Cheers from Ector Gladinil, who was trying to make Anuire great again.

Cheers from his niece, Shireen Gladinil, who proved to be the architect of many things to follow.

Cheers from Hamzaa al-Kalari ad-Deyyim, a guy who truly loved his wife and was trying to do the best he could for his people.

Cheers from Avan Boeruine, publisher of a very fine newspaper.

Cheers from Teferi Rumi (aka Alim Buyucu), who really liked exploring the limits of reality with you. Also cheers from his wife Subira, whose wanderlust helped to make her the face of their operations in the mountain.

Cheers from Q, who was just trying to prove to everyone that matters (elves only; xenos need not apply) that the cabal of necromantic cannibal pedophiles in the city of Dainn were really a deep state operation that was secretly running everything.

And, of course, cheers from Patrick.
GB - Grimm Bronzebeard wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:59 am
Now, if you're up for continuing, cut some dead weight(or hostile weight as the case may be) and I'd be happy to go again or even keep going in D5. You'll always be my dungeonmaster, I'll play your games anytime.
Ditto to this.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:18 am

My roll call is much shorter. I do think I played in a distant past, but not entirely sure what. I think I played Isaelie and Chimmy in two games.

But thank you from Jasmina bint-Haqim, a guilder and mage, who ended up as rulermof Riva and who began a transformation into an Ershleigh.

Thank you from Llyra Bloodmoon, who wanted Elven supremacy, but ended up stuck between a rock and a hard place, when the two most likely allies for her ended up in a war, where I had to change character because I had anxiety attacks IRL.

Thank you from Jada Diem, Jedi Master, who I sadly did not get to play long.

And thank you from Diana, who returned to Birthright after a hiatus.
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein