TF - The Fortress

Questions - Chimaeron II

Post by TF - The Fortress » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 am

CIC - Duke Cicero wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:33 am
CSF - Flint wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 pm
Any perks for single class / human?
Single class can take kits. Single class fighters are also the only ones generally allowed to take weapon specialization, I think.
DM Juan wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:23 pm
Character Generation:

Kits: You are allowed to take Kits
If the Kit grants free NWP/WP, you must use an equal amount of NWP/WP to select from the Kit's recommended NWP/WP.

Weapon Expertise: Warrior, or mutliclass Fighter
Weapon Specialization: Single class Fighter - note if you take a kit that grant's Weapon Specialization, and you do not qualify, it becomes Weapon Expertise instead.
Faiths may optionally expand the list of who has access to these Weapon Proficiencies.

Weapon Mastery: Single Class Fighter only. Optionally, I might add it as an additional purchase available to a faith to add it to Ranger/Paladins.
Last edited by TF - The Fortress on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

CSF - Flint

Re: Questions - Chimaeron II

Post by CSF - Flint » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:42 am

In previous games, bonus domain points were given for single class, or human, to compensate for multiclassing and free long life that half elves etc. received. So what I mean is, is there an equivalent in this campaign since we arent building our own realms?
Captain Shanol Flint

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:06 am

Based on the domain I have gotten, I'd almost say that it encourage multiclassing, as I think the Mayors all have Law and Guild holdings.
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:20 am

Agreed, exactly why I asked for clarification!
Captain Shanol Flint

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:31 am

Only a sucker would be single-class.

*Morwe sucks on a lollipop.*
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 am

as all the humans get in line to demand rules changes that benefit them after i made a dwarf...
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:41 am

CI - Charrek Ironfist wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 am
as all the humans get in line to demand rules changes that benefit them after i made a dwarf...
The precedent has been set for multiple previous campaigns, and race has not been selected yet, but if nothing is set up differently we will all be half elves anyways as there is huge upside with little to no downside. I feel like it was well established for years at this point that single class humans need help - please correct me if I am wrong.

Regarding dwarf I imagine everyone would play a dwarf if they could. Only need one resource, best terrain type, free long life, and access to multiclass. Units arguably top tier as well considering movement speed wont be super relevant from what i can see from the startup.
Captain Shanol Flint

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:44 am

TF - The Fortress wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:31 am
Only a sucker would be single-class.

*Morwe sucks on a lollipop.*
Mayors would be, but the priests can be singleclass, as they only focus on one type of holding, unlike mayors, who get law and guild.
---

Mayor of Hamein

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:45 am

CSF - Flint wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:41 am
CI - Charrek Ironfist wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 am
The precedent has been set for multiple previous campaigns, and race has not been selected yet, but if nothing is set up differently we will all be half elves anyways as there is huge upside with little to no downside. I feel like it was well established for years at this point that single class humans need help - please correct me if I am wrong.

Regarding dwarf I imagine everyone would play a dwarf if they could. Only need one resource, best terrain type, free long life, and access to multiclass. Units arguably top tier as well considering movement speed wont be super relevant from what i can see from the startup.
I think the best solution would be to make every major able to collect 100% law and guild and then just ignore class. Would allow players to play other classes than warriors and rogues.

ALso if I could pick any race, it would be the pointy ears, rather than the mountain dwellers.
---

Mayor of Hamein

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Fair enough, elves top tier also. Either way humans need some love.
Captain Shanol Flint