Class Balancing

CSF - Flint

Re: Class Balancing

Post by CSF - Flint » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:29 am

IT - Inari Tali-Ilhanta wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:18 am
Unless a fighter wins a war or get's a good treaty/partners to support them, then really they are up the fcreek with out the paddle.
But when they -do- have that support network they are quite dominant. No one else can project power as well as a fighter constantly training units.
Captain Shanol Flint

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:40 am

I was told that the taxes were auto claimed last game, maybe i've just had bad luck with guilders each game.

And ya a fighter with a good support is pretty unstopable, but they need that good mesh to work out propperly, which doesn't allways happen do to realm conflicts of intrest
Last edited by SG - Sigrun Godefroy on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:41 am

Yeah fighters should get some sort of bonus for war. ONLY single class fighters. Some sort of tactics NWP (specifically denied to anyone but a single class fighter despite any loopholes that allow other classes to use cross class NWPs) that allows envelopment, double envelopment, feigned retreat etc etc. That give bonuses depending on how well you pass your check. Also they should receive free no upkeep units based on followers.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:50 am

I was thinking something similar, maybe tied to specialization. But then it was propagated to priests, rangers, and paladins, so I didn't suggest it originally
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:56 am

IT, law claims on guilds/temples are made by default, but as the law holder you can say "no law claims on regent X," etc

You have to proactively decide to tax a trade route, by decree
Rules->Actions->Free Actions wrote: Decree: 1GB, you issue a decree. You cannot use a decree to suppress trade, or set up State X. You can end official State X Status via decree. You can decree tax on trade, at no more than 100% of the trade value of your side of the trade route. A Decree is only a free action if you have at least Court 1. [Further text irrelvant to topic at hand]
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 pm

I did that and was told that it was done by default last game, then again things could have changed
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:26 pm

I think the best way to balance fighters against other classes for leading troops into combat is that fighters can do it with a lower risk of getting killed or captured. 'No sneaking around on the battlefield in studded leather, guys.'
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:30 pm

My trade routes within NEA were never taxed. We setup a monthly basic tribute for guild rights and trade rights. I also had enough extra GB that I paid for most of the army and if anyone asked for extra GB I paid out extra.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:43 pm

I played a guilder last game too. I rarely got taxed. I would contribute to the domain in other ways. Building projects, army upkeep or navy upkeep. If you have a holding in a domain it is in the interest of both parties that the province does well.

It is all about how you strike the initial agreements. Kragen was always about contracts, Clay anytime someone asked for gold he would give it to them.... When he had it to give... Kind of along Mats tenant of adventures.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 am

Do Bards have any battlefield effect?. Being able to influence and raise morale, I mean.
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas