Re: The Gods - but still under construction

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:07 am

can't abuse it if the religion no longer exists
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:09 am

Very, very strong indeed, if it's necessary to keep out even a temple 0. The caster could use a lieutenant action every turn to create the temple 0, and then cast the transportation spell in the same action it succeeded. No navy, fortified mountains, or endless steppes could stop it (unless the distance was so great the spell couldn't reach), and they could target different provinces every time, so no one would know where the attack would be.

I don't think so much should ride on a single create holding action. Wizard spells are more limited and they need to create a leyline, not just a holding.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:35 am

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:09 am
Very, very strong indeed, if it's necessary to keep out even a temple 0. The caster could use a lieutenant action every turn to create the temple 0, and then cast the transportation spell in the same action it succeeded. No navy, fortified mountains, or endless steppes could stop it (unless the distance was so great the spell couldn't reach), and they could target different provinces every time, so no one would know where the attack would be.

I don't think so much should ride on a single create holding action. Wizard spells are more limited and they need to create a leyline, not just a holding.
Leylines can be made without a holding. They dissapear at the end of the turn if it isn't "anchored" by a holding at both ends though. So its the same thing, lay line and transport in same action if lt succeeds.(lt never succeeds)
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:42 am

Haha. I guess so. Also, I missed the level cap on units moved. That does keep it more under control, though it's still a problem that the Wizard spell moves units from one province to another no more easily than this one moves units from any number of provinces to any number of other provinces.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 am

RE: bielamog

This is close to a spell I had proposed for Mats... Mats Favored Sphere: Travelers... I thought it made sense to have some type of a travel spell. Since there were no divine spells for traveling. I would maybe increase the target holding level requirement to 1 or 2. Still makes sense to me to add it to Mats.....Being a travel spell.. I had thought of it as making a stargate type of connection between the two temples that the armies could march through...

I think Mats should have Bless Army.. Based on priest giving stirring speeches that would improve morale / attack / chance to resist spells.

Clay already won the Blessing of Mats to add a +2 to resolving adventures in a province where Mats had Blessed Land. Possibly add the bonus for everyone to use and make it +3 to align with Homeguard.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:32 am

Rhyel is way overpowered.
A single class cleric gets one of the best wizard spells cast from a lv 1 temple
+1 trade chain like a rogue
half the rogue skills
half the wizard level in casting.

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:45 am

time to add another god to the list
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:13 am

For Mats/Clay I wanted to upscale Hovering Road to a domain spell. Basically it would allow army movement over water and to go over rivers without sucking up all the army movement.... Would require the army to end movement on land or they all die.... (Again favorite domain travelers for Mats)

Hovering Road (Conjuration/Summoning)
Sphere: Travelers
Range: 0
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 1 turn/level
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None
This spell enables the caster to create a magical 10-foot-wide road extending 10 feet in front of him. The caster can create an unbroken road for the duration of the spell, creating a 10-foot area ahead of him as long as he continues to move forward.
The road is approximately one foot thick and hovers in the air. It has the texture and color of black granite. Characters and creatures can move on the hovering road at their normal movement rate, ignoring the effects of surrounding terrain.
The hovering road must originate from a solid surface. Once anchored, the caster controls the contour of the road, causing it to rise and fall as he wishes. The road can thus be used to traverse rivers (if the road is anchored on the shore), swamps, and similarly hostile terrain. The caster can cause the hovering road to rise over a jungle or cross a chasm.
The road has AC 0. It is impervious to non-magical weapons. If the road suffers 100 points of damage (from magical weapons or other magical forces), it dissipates in a black mist; all those on the road fall to the ground below.
Unless the road is destroyed, the entire hovering road remains intact from beginning to end for the duration of the spell, even if the caster is killed or incapacitated. At the end of the spell's duration, the entire road dissipates.
The material components are a chunk of black marble and a loop of gold wire.

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:18 am

Moradin needs a complete overhaul now. Everything that made them special and good is basicly gone. They lost their best 2 abilities. The Source attachment and research is gone so I would make Moradin a more Martial based god.

The Temple Fortification isn't really that useful. Would have to be Province to make it good.
They have 4 Major Spheres compared to 10 some other gods have.

The Academy losing its free research makes it much worse since Dwarves being long lived won't need the academies much. Last round I never recruited anyone out of any Academy. My firstborn Son wasn't even an adult yet.

The realm Spells Moradin has are nothing special either. Conversion is not very useful in my opinion. All other spells are just basic ones.

Most other gods give overpowered stuff like defection, maintain army, The Forester's Wrath or such and class abilities for adventures.

Of course Moradin was very good before, but now being a Moradin Priest is just bad.

Moradin Should have elemental Earth Sphere.
Get rid of this restriction: Armor: Chainmail or less makes no sense with the research and source attachment being removed.
Get rid of having all NWPs
Give them some special Spell something like Craft Golem based on the Summon spell or something more Permanent. (Creation is Moradin Priests Favoured Sphere)
Temple Fortification should be Province Fortification or not be there at all.
Get rid of the extra Academy and give them something else, maybe a Training Ground.

For some reason most gods do not grant investiture, Moradin for example does. Is that intentional? I think it should be a spell every God grants.

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Moradin: The Gods - but still under construction

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:32 am

Hi,

I don´t play a cleric but I think Moradin was one of the best gods and is now one of the worst- why Int for spells, if there are no wizard spells involved. In fact because adventure and spheres are only a very small part of this game, strategic advantages are much more important then spheres or adventure advantages.
The possibility to have peace between wizards and the rest of the community in using sources and province lvls at the same time was not only powerfull but also the only pssibility to make peace in a land where lots of players and not enough provinces are. I understand that is perhaps to powerfull only for one or two gods- why give it not to all gods but only in one terrain type for every god?
DK