Blooding LTs

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Re: Blooding LTs

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:19 pm

As long as its not pure sending 6 RP and end up with a Lt thats bp 3.

If you haveto sack 1 BP to do it, its kinda ok. Then its way more expensive. But fine with any things not just 1 RP for 1 bp.

Make it so you cant give another LT´s bloodline(even 1 point) away without them running away pissed thou ;)
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:20 pm

I think you shouldn't be able to Blood anyone. Should only be able to be Blooded by birth or Bloodtheft. Being able to manufacture blooded people cheapens it. Can give a 10% chance a recruited LT has blood. Can add a LT "for hire" post. Blooded LTs available on the post for GB. (GB sink!) They have alignments and their own personalities and random levels.

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Py - Pyroneous wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:20 pm
I think you shouldn't be able to Blood anyone. Should only be able to be Blooded by birth or Bloodtheft. Being able to manufacture blooded people cheapens it. Can give a 10% chance a recruited LT has blood. Can add a LT "for hire" post. Blooded LTs available on the post for GB. (GB sink!) They have alignments and their own personalities and random levels.
This is a very interesting suggestion.
Captain Shanol Flint

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Suppose you can kill one of your blooded children and let your LT hold the sword so they bloodtheft them... but I´d say you both better be pretty evil;)
Frankly, I agree with not being able to blood people in investiture(unless you send then entire bloodline over and become unblooded yourself)
Last edited by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 pm

But reasonable you should be able to have brothers and sisters that are blooded and become your LTs

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 pm

RM - Ragrum Mithrilhand wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 pm
But reasonable you should be able to have brothers and sisters that are blooded and become your LTs
Absolutely, yes. But they're getting those bloodlines the old fashioned way.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:41 pm

I re-read the bloodtheft rules in the Birthright Rulebook. It suggests that non-blooded characters can't commit bloodtheft, if they try the bloodline just slips away without acknowledging their presence. A commoner's dagger through the heart is considered the same as a fall from a balcony, as far as the blood is concerned. (Dunno if bloodsilver helps.) Maybe the 'bloodtheft for an unblooded adventurer to claim a bloodline' thing was invented later.

I agree completely with Py, otherwise. ...except the part about mercenary lieutenants, that's dubious. 'Hello I am looking for work in the field of embezzlm--I mean plotting a cou--I mean rulership--um.'
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 pm

Can also rule that only those born with a bloodline can imbue one. Requires the next generation to grow up in order to do so.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:56 pm

That's a simple and elegant fix.

Allows the formula to work and prevents second and third order bloodlines quickly (unless a goblin or gnoll which is an fair bump).

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:57 pm

but there is an NPC with the Tighmaveril spear that had and bloodline of 0 that awoke one when he killed someone with the spear. Maybe I am remembering it wrong