Blooding LTs

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Re: Blooding LTs

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:00 pm

BC - King Baron Corbin wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:57 pm
but there is an NPC with the Tighmaveril spear that had and bloodline of 0 that awoke one when he killed someone with the spear. Maybe I am remembering it wrong
There seem to be a certain randomness in it aswell. There are npc´s who when they killed an awsheglien ended up getting part of his bloodline each despite neither actually hitting with a bloodthefting attack even (chimera and Binman, after killing the.. Iron troll I think was the name)

So you can propably find lore support for most of the options.

But I changed my mind and mostly agree with Pyr. Should need to bloodtheft or transfer the entirety of a bloodline to create a new blooded.
Last edited by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:02 pm

I don't find it elegant to have Class A and Class B bloodlines. It makes more sense to me to have only first-order ones. But, yeah, the bit about the bloodsilver weapons being able to give an unblooded character a bloodline makes sense, too. Especially since bloodsilver normally allows bloodtheft without a heart-piercing deathblow, so a heart-piercing deathblow with a bloodsilver weapon sounds like the True Love's First Kiss of usurpation.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:06 pm

'Regency storm' is another way to get bloodlines I saw on the wiki, that can lead to more than one person getting a bloodline if they're close to a sufficiently powerful blooded character who dies. Like what happened at Deismaar but smaller-scale. Dunno how canonical it is here, but that was the explanation for Eimhir's family being so depressed after acquiring the bloodline they left Innishire and went to sea.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Py - Pyroneous wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:20 pm
I think you shouldn't be able to Blood anyone. Should only be able to be Blooded by birth or Bloodtheft. Being able to manufacture blooded people cheapens it. Can give a 10% chance a recruited LT has blood. Can add a LT "for hire" post. Blooded LTs available on the post for GB. (GB sink!) They have alignments and their own personalities and random levels.
As a person who was planning on blooding their LT this turn, I'm good with us not being allowed to do it.

EDIT: It would require me to rework the turn a bit then, though...
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:32 pm

I subscribe to the Py Guy post as well. Shouldn't be able to do it.
Bloodmage

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Yeah I am fine either way blood easy or blood hard

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:54 pm

I lean towards #1 now, you cannot. Great Captain or kids born in game or random graduates from Academies, that will be announced as hireable.

Note you want a blooded LT quick? Adopt a gnoll! Heh.

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:29 am

I see no problem with having Ltn. a bloodline, because you need a bloodline to be wizard and it would be unfair to not allow that for Ltn. I would suggest the following:

1. Ltn. wizards can cast Realm spells using the Bloodline of his master and rule sources with the RP of his master- then you don´t need a bloodline for a wizard Ltn. In this case point 1. is ok- Ltn. don´t need a bloodline
2. Ltn. wizards can only cast Realm spells, if they are blooded- in this case I find it generally not fair, if Ltns. can´t have a bloodline- Ltn. from other classes can do all actions for there masters, only wizards Ltn. can´t.... so it would be unfair also to ask 1 DP for Ltn. of wizards to help them

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 am

I was under the impression that priest LT´s also needed a bloodline to cast realmspells, this not so?
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:14 am

It should just be hard and highly sought-after to find a blooded wizard LT. Birthright is supposed to be a low-magic setting, after all. I don't consider it at all unfair to wizards to put this restriction in place (and, as noted previously, I was planning on blooding a LT this turn, because I am playing a wizard). Raises the challenge level a bit, sure, but challenge is what makes the game fun.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."