Levying Provinces

CSF - Flint

Re: Levying Provinces

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am

Won't answer the question, but the answer should be obvious - especially if something has happened which has alerted Juan to this unwanted interaction.
Captain Shanol Flint

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:14 am

The answer is not obvious, unless what you're trying to imply is that you're the one affected because NLC is hostile toward you. Which would surprise me.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:18 am

Maybe! No free intel! 8-)

But the answer is obvious because if there were no such conflicts, this issue would not have arisen for discussion.
Captain Shanol Flint

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am

That much is obvious, yes, but one or a few localized conflicts doesn't make for a broadly manifest game balance issue that necessarily requires a rules change (or the lack of one) that'll effect everything for the rest of the game.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:53 am

I don't think it is a valid tactic, or should be an available tactic. I don't think in the grand scheme of things, it is a huge difference. It maybe adds 1 action required; instead of contesting 0s, you are contesting 1s and then 0s. Or occupying to burn down 1s to 0s, and then destroying.

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:57 am

CA - Court of Armach wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:53 am
Very large swing in favour of the people who aggressively put holdings in hostile lands compared to the rules as we knew them before the game, yes.
Tbh, its kinda an abuse doing it in the first place. Im just happy its gone if we remove it.

(And tbh, I could have used it. Still want it gone. Is a abuse of an mechanic meant to hurt the levy user not help them.)
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:59 am

I heard it was used last game without such an issue/debate

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Oh... I didn't consider that someone might combine levying and contesting into a single one-action maneuver to remove outside influence from the province without martial law. Yeah, that's not right, you'd essentially be deceiving your people into believing there was an external threat, so that you could use their fear to distract while you hunt down political enemies. It'd be the sort of thing that makes paranoid conspiracy theorists look like they were right all along. Not the sort of relationship regents are supposed to have to their provinces.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:04 pm

KC - Kavagh Clan wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Not the sort of relationship regents are supposed to have to their provinces.
The peasants should consider themselves lucky to bear such noble reigns as ours. We rule by right of the gods themselves, whether the peasants like it or not!
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:07 pm

It was debated last game, and was used last game. The only reason I didn't change the rule last game, it was further into the game already when it started cropping up. I then forgot about it, until this game started.