Out of Game Teamups

CSF - Flint

Out of Game Teamups

Post by CSF - Flint » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:46 am

From the questions thread:

I totally get people wanting to play with their friends, that's half the reason to play the game. If those core groups want to be a teamup every game, that's totally fine, and good on them.

The problem is when other players are specifically told not to form those pregame / out of game alliances, so that the core groups have a competitive advantage by ignoring those directives.

What can we do to solve this?
Captain Shanol Flint

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Re: Out of Game Teamups

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:49 am

Well, Diaspora solved it. thats one way, but its also probably the most work intensive gamestart for Juan with hidden maps.

Starting with vanilla realms in place, like we did in Taelshore or first EM would solve it too.

And lastly, having team made for all, like Giantdowns would also work.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:49 am

Again it's just 2 from a team last game. There are more dwarves from same team than that lol.

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:51 am

Liera, Exalted, Hamzaa, Illyria - All part of the architect aligned group last game no?
Captain Shanol Flint

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:55 am

Where is Liera? Just Hamzaa and Illyria. Exalted was a different alliance with Dhoesone for most of game. Things changed because of game happenings. But Dhoesone attacked us with Rogr at start.

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:59 am

Many of the alliances constantly shifted last game.

Bors was part of Grand Duchy, yet supported Gaius against a doublr-whammy assassination. Thanks BORS! ;)

Leira was a member of Hamzaa alliance at first, but got drawn off by Rogr.

Lydia and Exalted and Rogr started on same team and ended in a war.

Etc., Etc.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 am

TPK - The Pirates wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:59 am
Bors was part of Grand Duchy, yet supported Gaius against a doublr-whammy assassination. Thanks BORS! ;)
Hey, hey, hold on now, first I think Anders was still regent then. Second, I stand behind him wanting to know what kind of crime was going to be permitted before he just told all his law agents to close their eyes. He probably would have supported it, if you'd just extended the courtesy of being a little more direct.

Anyway, yes, my loyalties certainly shifted last game, a couple times, in various directions.

Mostly Anders's loyalty was to Leira - for good or bad. Bors wasn't quite as much a mama's boy.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:07 am

There was no coordination between TD/AB/FvD, or SST during set up that I could see. Three played human realms, and the vast southwest plains made sense for humans so they all went there. It wasn't even first choice for all of them... Once they had overlapping borders, and split provinces, things develop in game of course that encouraged working together.

3-4 of the Karamhul probably coordinated, it seems unlikely to have occurred as it did without such coordination.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am

AF allied with ME twice. Got betrayed both times. Same story with IT and TLL. A hazard of allying with someone who's much, much more scared of the enemy than you are (...or in TLL's case, doing it for the lulz). Didn't get a chance to ally with anyone else, really, unless DR counts (or we count the offers that were less of alliance and more of employment). HK and the Unseelie didn't make it to that level, and the other attempted alliances didn't get out of talks.

Instead of focusing on team-ups, I'd expand the question to 'how do we punish metagaming, in general?' As in, doing IC things for OOC reasons. Aside from enforcing regency loss for the offender (when it takes the form of OOC behavior in-game), it seems the DM can only fudge results or add content that favours the innocent party, to rebalance the scales.
Last edited by TH - The Hunt on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:10 am

Those dwarves are always together. No one cares cause they don't cause any trouble....so far....