Out of Game Teamups

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Re: Out of Game Teamups

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 am

Oh hell no! You just talked shit about my consistency? Where do you draw the line? You want to make fun of my lisp too? Or my third nipple? Stop being a bully!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:28 am

It was a compliment. (Granted, 'you're not consistently awful' is a bit of a weaksauce compliment.)
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:39 am

Where'd the conversation go, people? I don't really have a third nipple.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:40 am

"There are rules, and there are rules somewhere hidden in the forums in some old discussion threads or only known by a select few."

I agree this makes things tough.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am

Consistancy. Fake goodness. False honesty. Manipulative co-opting narratives to your own ends. That is what a villain needs. If everyone thinks you are the villain - the real villain is the one who is gaining from the apparent villain's conflict.

Also - I made no pre game plans with anyone. SST had no guilder so in the final round of holding placement an arrangement was made. The humans flanking me were flanking me - I picked location really late. It was effectively the only place I could secure wood and plains which were my primary choice requirements.
Turn to Avani before you return to Avani
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:52 am

KC - Kavagh Clan wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am
AF allied with ME twice. Got betrayed both times.
WTF? ME never allied with Faderan even once. (unless it happened at the end after I left). Stop making stuff up ooc.

Ontopic
Also, what does it matter who did or did not coordinate pregame if the purpose is to stop it? For this discussion, just drop all who did what, and talk about how to most efficently make it not happend.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:57 am

It matters when people make up narratives and accusations that others are cheating.
Turn to Avani before you return to Avani
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:02 pm

ME allied with AF twice. That winter turn AF invaded Dawnsglow? ME had agreed to help AF invade Derivia that turn by letting her move through his lands (though he intended to play dumb about it). AF went after Tamiyo Cole instead of Banon Cole because she didn't fully trust ME, still. She sure wasn't expecting ME to fight to defend the Coles. Turns out no one bothered to explain that TC was closer to ME than she was to BC... or something. Too much fog of war for me to say.

ME allied with AF again when she was disguised as the CST. He knew the CST were her holdings. Her lieutenant resolved an assassination attempt against him, so he helped her out. He wanted her to remove Arawn's temples for him. But when IT leaked that the CST was aligned with AF to ME's neighbours, ME turned on AF again and destroyed the CST holdings.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm

so didn't ally with you, and as soon as he knew the fake thing was you wasn't allied anymore.....

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Ah Vorstag and Wulf! A mighty reaver with the brains and wisdom of a rock.

As far as metagaming, it isn't plausible to stop it without random setup and regents determined by Juan. A number of players are either related, live close, or are relatively close (ie old friends or whatnot). Even then, there is really almost nothing about this game setup that should be surprising.

Sidhe saturated the forests in the south. Gnolls and halflings grabbed hills (which set went to which was always up in the air). Karamuhl jumped all over the mountains. Humans swarmed the plains.

And as I discussed with Juan, I said I wanted a quiet island away from everyone and little to no politics -- so not surprising where I ended up.