Out of Game Teamups

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Re: Out of Game Teamups

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 am

Lol Amy introducing a concept no one is even thinking about as if the adoption of it were a foregone conclusion.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:12 am

At least she's something to read between turns.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:12 am

No one is thinking about meta-gaming? Even though that's what the thread is about?
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:14 am

I think it will ha e to play out. If the two pregame alliances seem to have an unfair advantage compared to other players, Juan can compensate for that by making them the first targets of the external NPCs, or give bonuses to those that waited for after initial placement. However short of people admitting what happened this can be random luck.

Other alliances will form to counter the pregame ones.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am

How about if you're scared you make alliances of your own and work together as a team and take care of shit yourselves instead of saying there is any unfairness. Who is stopping any of you from allying and becoming a power bloc? Ahh that guy has a gun it isn't fair. Get your own gun! Damn people!

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am

More generally, many of us have played together for a decade or more. John and I, to take one example, have been mortal enemies in games (the vampire vs the Nesirean; Cariele vs Kariele), we've been the closest of allies (I played his loving and completely insane father in the Giantsdown), and we've had complicated relationships (his manipulation of Ector Gladinil as MB; my manipulation of his Vos Paladin as Wulf von Blutstein). In this game, we are nowhere near each other, so we don't have anything either way. So, with one or two exception, no matter who I settled near in the plains, I would have been on a "team" with them before.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am

Py - Pyroneous wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am
How about if you're scared you make alliances of your own and work together as a team and take care of shit yourselves instead of saying there is any unfairness. Who is stopping any of you from allying and becoming a power bloc? Ahh that guy has a gun it isn't fair. Get your own gun! Damn people!
If you don't think players should care if the game is unfair for them, why do you get so panicky every time your status quo is threatened?

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 am

Always ^^

Last round was my first round. I got placed last since I joined late with 1 other person I wanted to play with.

This round yes there was some coordination between some of the Karamhuls.
Im still not sure where it says we were not supposed to do that.

I even messaged Juan I would like to be close to 2 specific persons(Did not get an answer)

There are rules, and there are rules somewhere hidden in the forums in some old discussion threads or only known by a select few.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:23 am

KC - Kavagh Clan wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am
Py - Pyroneous wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am
If you don't think players should care if the game is unfair for them, why do you get so panicky every time your status quo is threatened?
(Lol John she is shifting to me being the main bad guy now. It's a show that just keeps going.)

To Amy: I am just a panicky guy. I piss my pants on a regular basis from fear and I think it's quite rude of you to mention it.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am

It's kind of hard for you to be 'the main bad guy' when you're all over the place. Being the main bad guy takes consistency.