Expanding Summoning

TPK - The Pirates

Re: Expanding Summoning

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Pyroneus is most likely level 12 based on his reincarnate.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:28 pm

I don't care. It takes a lot of resources to summon. Wizards need more versatility. Or you need to let them use high levels spells for the realm level of the game. Their realm spells are absolute shit. You have just a handful of spells that are useful. Most only for a little while.

Summons should get stronger the higher the wizard level goes. It should not cap at 2 Ogres. It should go up. Otherwise all wizards will do is ward and death plague. Defection should get stronger as well not Tier per level.... That makes it nigh useless later when 40 unit armies are roaming around.

Should be like a save for every unit kind of thing.

Juan feel free to change Summons back to what it was but it should increase every few levels after 9th in progression like it already did in the original spell just not capped at 9th level. After Ogres bring in Giants or some other unit stronger than ogres. Like 2 more progressions at least at 11th and 13th and maybe again at 16th.

But regardless Juan please change it back because I don't want anyone whining they got beat on a technicality.

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Yeah, not capped after 9 was my exact evaluation if you go back to my original post. Mid-game balanced, end game pointless, need post 9th (1/2? Ogre) potential

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Huh. Has anyone even reached 11th level before?
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Several times in several games.

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Yeah, I was 11 when Diaspora Map game ended

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Look there's a lot of shit possible if you read the rules and stay focused. Expand your knowledge. Step up your game. Stop complaining that something is unfair as your first go to move. Use your head. Try harder.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:44 pm

My starting regent last game was level 11 when he abdicated for his son, so he hit 11 maybe 2/3ish of the way through? But he was a guilder, so call it level 10.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm

I had a plan. Why you think I sold my holdings? Look I aint your daddy. It's not on any of us to baby step you through shit that is right there in the rules for anyone to read. Time and time again someone is asking a question that is right there in the rules. Or, worse, a question that was answered a few posts before they asked their question. And then you are surprised when someone accomplishes something you don't understand. And instead of understanding that it is your own laziness or ineptitude... you complain and try and change the rules. If you have trouble with reading comprehension then maybe a text based game isn't for you.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Just read through the rules whenever you're bored or it's a rainy day. I want more conniving and challenging players with loads of scheming and plotting. Just read through them and memorize them and soon you will be able to anticipate many more threats and plan for them accordingly.