XP

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Re: XP

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Seeing guild xp for trade routes and building always seemed excessive especially with early xp table.

More xp for army traing would have been nice to keep up as a fighter.

Btw how much xp for that summon spell vs training the units ;)
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Early trade routes aren't a ton of XP, but provide a ton of GBs as the provinces rule up.

Later trade routes, particularly from cities and well-leveled provinces, bring in some nice change :)

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:32 pm

SAS - Survivors at Sea wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:23 pm
Seeing guild xp for trade routes and building always seemed excessive especially with early xp table.

More xp for army traing would have been nice to keep up as a fighter.

Btw how much xp for that summon spell vs training the units ;)
Summons was probably 100XP per GB spent or 100XP per unit. If the latter though, that's a mild reason why someone would summon legions of gnolls vs a few heavy ogres.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Since I actually process summons as a "Muster" they are identical XP based on unit-cost; which I believe is 100XP per 1GB.

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:55 am

I ask myself what pyros has done with new char and his posts and now is all the same as before? Strange... or is something changing behind the scenes?
You have given good arguments, why it is to complex and time consuming to change the status quo and a flat xp bonus to all will not make sense..

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 am

I'd presume he was talked out of giving up his hard work. Things clearly got heated last few days and everyone handles that differently. Some quit games, others change characters, others rant and rave, etc.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:26 am

Whereas you take advantage of it as an opportunity to try and climb on top of everyone else. Cut it out.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:01 am

WTF? What the heck are you talking about?

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:21 am

TPK - The Pirates wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 am
Some quit games, others change characters, others rant and rave, etc.
Right here. You're saying this as if you're above it all, despite how intense your own activity has been during this 'heated period', including the effort you've put into stoking the flames. And you're putting others down, because you want your disdain for them to be shared by others. By 'climbing' I meant 'social climbing', in case that wasn't obvious.

Elsewhere, you keep trying to assert yourself as emblematic of the game's narrative driving force, and a model player. To get everyone to aspire to be like you, to compete to please you, and if they don't, then according to you they're just not coping.

I'm talking about what you do when the game gets heated, and why you aren't trying to keep us away from the boiling point.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 am

Read the post prior. A question was asked. A potential reason was provided. No names were attached. No one was attacked and I made it clear lots of different things can happen depending on the person.

Now, rather than contribute to helping to cool off tempers, you'd rather jump in with a non-constructive comment and try to get another fire going.

*tosses KC a shovel*

Help put out the fire or dig a grave. Your choice.