Kn Rule Feedback

TF - The Fortress

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by TF - The Fortress » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Or the DPs I used for units and ships right off and getting an immediate payoff at almost no risk as soon as I find my next province.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:24 pm

You'd still have to pay 4 GB per turn, and there's no guarantee the next province you find will have a trade route. Or even inhabitants.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 pm

Also, you don't start with any units or ships this game.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:34 am

Ah...I see the list for DPs is significantly different.

And had it been an option, having troops and ships from the get go is always better. Although it does lead to early squashings in some cases (refer to the meat pies discussed by the halfling earlier...or Fulgar even further back).
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:42 am

DM Juan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34 pm
Yes, I will roll them.
Missed that. Ok, well, get rolling. I can't plot and plan without some #'s to fuel my imagination.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:36 am

Never really understood the resources part. I get that you get stone from mountains and wood from forests (etc.. no, not that dumb ;) ). But how do I know that my character/realm as certain resources available in a certain province? Is just a trade-route enough? And does it matter who owns the route? Or is it like the materials that are produced through mines and stuff, where you get x-per season?
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:50 am

There are 2 diffent types of ressources

1. Wood, Stone, Grain. Iron
-> Wood and Stone you need for buildings(Elves need only wood and Dwarves only Stone) Grain you need to grow provinces and Iron you need for some units.
These ressouces are traded from provinces to other provinces automaticly via trade routes.

2. There are ressouces created by mines
->
Mines everyone can build. You need to keep track of the number of ressources you get and you can trade them with other players.

Resource Extraction Building("Mine") I/II/III/IV/V
Cost: 10GB
Requirements: Province 2+
Effect: Extract Advanced Resources for use in Advanced Technology applications. Each level produces 2 units of resources.
[Woods(Charcoal kiln supplies charcoal), Plains(Evaporation vat supplies saltpeter), Hills(Quarry supplies sulphur), Low mtns(Mine supplies lead), and High Mtns(Mine supplies steel)

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:57 am

The secondary ressources are mostly used for some special Projects(Major Objectives) or special units(Musketeers).
The Major Objectives you need to talk to Juan what you want to maybe try to make and he will tell you/discuss with you what you will need to accomplish that.

I had a Major objective last round that required me to gather 15 ressources of 3 different types and 2 research actions. I just got that done in the turn we ended :S
That was pretty expensive and just 1 example. You need to Imagine something you would like to make and see if Juan permits it.

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:01 am

Thanks!

Can I use the stone available in 'my' province A automatically in 'my' adjacent province B as well? And, if my realm contains a low mountains and a forest province, would I still require a traderoute (for wood & stone obviously).

And I presume that the Elves & Dwarves refers to the popupation of the provinces? Or in other words, an elf regent building in a human province would require stone as well?
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:08 am

You(or someone) needs to make a trade route to transfer Stone/Wood/Iron/Grain to other provinces.

Forest always have wood. Plains always have Grain. Hills have either Grain or Iron. High Mountains and Low mountains have either Stone or Iron. Though I believe the starting province if you are in a mountain as a Dwarf, always has Stone.(Not confirmed)

Yea the Elves/Dwarves refer to the population of the provinces.