Kn Rule Feedback

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:25 am

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:56 pm
Removed the auto-temple increase from Population Growth
I dont like at all changes done to spells in the middle of the round when they affect the balance of the game. If you have planed to be a none landed priest for example your whole strategy around population growth is now falling apart. I have nothing against changes but before you choose your class and race you should know what will await you. Now the races with low movement costs have an even bigger advantage than the slow races as population growth will not be cast as often. Especially if you take long life (as we could choose a blood ability) combined with gnolls or goblins. I have no problem in making it more difficult to rule provinces but not in the middle of a game.

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:35 am

It's not more difficult. You just don't get a free temple level out of it. Which I think was egregious to have been included in the first place. You would have spent the RP you spend on Population Growth on the Rule Temple anyway. It was basically free.
Turn to Avani before you return to Avani
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:53 am

The costs is different now as you have to ask more RP and GP otherwise you are casting population growth on others for free wasting your action. So there will be less demand for it and the none landed prist strategy is much less viable than before the change. I dont argue with that it should npt be changed but it should not be done after we have started a game and people are commited.

FTC - Khair

Post by FTC - Khair » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:35 am

We should have taken more time between the games, to iron out a few of these issues.
As a priest, I am fine with the changes.
Khair
First Citizen, Genoa and Florence
Free Trade Consortium, Syndicate Chair

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 am

Should we restart and let everyone remake their characters with the new rule changes?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:47 am

no

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:52 am

Bless: Universal
All Others (including Improved Bless): a maximum of 5 faiths can take the spell.

A concept that forces faiths to consider carefully when they take spells, and also creates complimentary faiths, since some faiths may be Population Growth based, whereas others are Improved Bless based, or whatever else.
------------------------------------
Is there a lot of concern that this will result in penalized faiths who don't "grow fast"?

I am also looking at variant versions of Population Growth, that will count as Pop-Growth for the above limitations.

No one has any Realm Spells yet, so if we are making changes we should do it now.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:00 am

I dont think this is fair as it depends on who has quick build the shrine and not the first rounds. If you have encountered others who you can use their shrine you will have another huge advantage. If you can not take bless as a spell plague will be auto loss of province levels. With the reduction of population growth you should not reduce the power of priests even more. Compared to what a mage can do if they cant cast bless there is not much interesting left.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 am

Instead of limiting the few good spells that a priest has rather do what you did in revising some of the existing ones. Many of them will never be casted in a game. I like some of the changes you have made for the 4 spells you mentioned.
Last edited by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:06 am

Bless: Universal

(Means everyone can take it.)

All Others (including Improved Bless): a maximum of 5 faiths can take the spell.

Only IMPROVED Bless is included in those that only 5 faiths can take. So everyone can take Bless and counter Death Plague.