Kn Rule Feedback

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 pm

BM - Brucal von Mauler wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:12 am
If the above doesn't convince you maybe the number of religions that take it will be evidence of how good it is. HAHA.
If he a) sticks it into war, b) requires war to be at major, and c) enforces thematic temple construction, then there probably won't be many who will have it.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:20 pm

I hope someone does for my character next game.

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:29 pm

Defection is an auto-win spell at low domain-strength for negligible cost. It prevents conflict by it's very existence. Adding a method of making Defection potentially not the best option - while it might very well stay the best option a lot of the time - is a net good.
Turn to Avani before you return to Avani
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 pm

I am saying this as a Wizard myself. I think it is good I cannot just defect everything in sight without fear of failure making a Source 1 basically a "you cannot invade me until you have 20 units" - this is a bad mechanic.
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Can someone provide me the link to that beautifully color coded version of the Optional Abilities for Creating Faith? Or could we just take it and replace the existing one in the Faith thread? It was very helpful to see the titles....
Bloodmage

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Hand of Peace
Regency: 5
Gold: 3 GB
Sphere: Charm
Duration: 1 Domain turn
Required Holding: 4
Character Level: 7
This spell brings all random acts of violence in a province to an end. Everyone within the affected province is overcome with a sense of tranquility, returning to their home province, domain, or other place of origin. Once the domain turn under this spell's influence is over, all creatures affected by the spell suffer complete amnesia; they have no idea of what happened or how they got home.
This spell ends all random hostile events in a province; such as the events Feud, Monster or Brigandage, and Unrest or Rebellion. Hand of peace cannot end a war, but it does turn troops away from the protected province for the duration of the spell. Invading forces can return to the province the following Domain turn if they choose.
If you want to add an anti-war deterrent spell - modify and add this one too.
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:33 pm

MY - Mother Ybsol wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:31 pm
Can someone provide me the link to that beautifully color coded version of the Optional Abilities for Creating Faith? Or could we just take it and replace the existing one in the Faith thread? It was very helpful to see the titles....
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3314

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:35 pm

I am not arguing about the counter defection part. My feeling is that it ALSO having +2 to melee makes it too good for a single Realm spell.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:00 pm

For Consideration, based on protection from aligment spells:

Divine Ward (Modified Ward Realm (Priest)
Sphere: Protection or Wards
3rd-level caster
Regency: 5 RP/province
Gold: 2GB/province
Required Holding: 2
Duration: 3 Action rounds
When this spell is cast, it creates a protective aura around everything in the target province(s). The priest must cast it from a
temple (2), but the spell may affect any contiguous provinces in which he has temple (0) or better holdings.

During the duration of this ward any summoning or charm based realm magics fail when cast within the affected province.

Summoned units created before the ward is raised, cannot enter or leave the province except through teleportation or
dismissal. Units and characters already charmed (such as with defection or subversion) have the effects of the charm
suppressed while positioned in the warded province. The charm effects resume if the ward ends or if the unit leaves the warded area.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Cant we stop of making realm spells obviously overpowered, please?. What we need is redefine some spells that are of no use, not creating the dopest ones. One of them protects against defection plus give a bonus. So two spells are ruined, defect and bless army. Now, a big spell to destroy undeads as if they were nothing. Next, a really good spell as Realm Ward gets even more doped. Really, we dont need more doping spells, we need to balance the ones we already have!..,)
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas