Kn Rule Feedback

CSF - Flint

Kn Rule Feedback

Post by CSF - Flint » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:33 pm

From Hansa:
Requests cities eliminated, some sort of tax on large provinces. Some method of income parity distributions, believes large guild networks to be unbalancing.

From SAS:
Turn 0/1 alliances too game defining.

From Pyro:
I would like the chance to find a +1 NWP book to be lowered by half at least. They accounted for 37% of the magic items I found.

From RM:

I hated the XP change from last to this round. I also did not notice it until game was started. People advanced to fast and multi classing was made much worse cause of it.
-> Single Class Chars were to fast to level cause they could do adventures much easier. -> Being higher level much faster.
I reached 9/9 in turn 12 and 10/10 in turn 13. 2 Single classed people I knew were allready 15 and 16.

-> Animal Affinity, Major is by far the best Blood ability cause it affects the random adventures so much, You can do much higher level ones with it. Espescially if you are single class. Should be adjusted.

If we play with Cities again I would like to know in advance what exactly happens when you change to a city. The Terrain bonus- mines what do they produce - do temples of moradin keep the fortification-

Myself:

Adventure DC's scaled up very quickly. Even with a lab I was not ever in a position to reliably attempt the most threatening adventures. Felt like maybe the animal companion blood ability was skewing things. (echoing animal affinity major being an insane difference maker)

On the same note, my lieutenants were quickly unable to participate in adventures due to level disparity. Accelerated XP growth and a lack of a means to get XP to LT's seems very magnified for me. Felt like we were missing a mechanic of some kind to help non great-cap LT's to be relevant. Losing permafrost adventures, and academy LT XP, coupled with no blooded LT recruitment pool converged a bit to have this result I think.

Which leads into next point, great captains as a boon, and interfering in random events in general. With GC's being so high value it became a bit of a contest to resolve them. Double treasure random events became farms to negatively resolve. I love random events as a sort of action tax for larger realms, and as a point of conflict or interaction to drive the story between realms. This current iteration felt less like that and more gamey for lack of better term. Would like to see the mechanic refocused on action tax/storyline hooks, instead of a lever to really disadvantage a player through negative adventuring or racing for the great caps.

Faction system: I loved the concept, thought it gave plenty of opportunity to add some interesting elements to global politics. Felt like it missed the mark how we executed it though. Anuire had 4-5 realms strongly tied to it out of the gates, and offered mechanical benefits, whereas Magian did not. One-sided balance meant that that tension was largely not present. Great potential in the future though.

New map: loving the holdings, clickable sortable realms. Huge boon, big kudos there Juan. I like the recent addition of military strength to the rankings, would be cool to see for naval too.

Half elves: everywhere on the character level, are they too good?

Dual race realms: high potential for imbalance, would like to see this revisited as an option for all or none.

Realm spells: not sure we can accurately determine feedback here, double wizard XP plus the summoning change was game warping, game ending for some players even. Already addressed perhaps.

Seasons(winter): Time to retire the concept? I like the growth limitation of summer and war and the restrictions it places. However it removes the concept of a siege in practice as your are so time cramped before 60% attrition, also encourages undead/forged/frost giant imbalance abuse. Would love to hear more thoughts on this.

Gods: Each felt very flavourful with some small exceptions: Bless Land/Pop growth being basically mandatory at this point, and a priest action tax could be a topic for discussion. We didnt get to see banon homeguard or bielmog offensive teleport in action to really speak to their balance.

Definitely want to start a discussion on these points, as well as anything I missed.
Captain Shanol Flint

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Oh Another thing I think looks imbalanced are the Arawn constructs that have Undead stats but are not undead. Never fought them(Round was to short), but in the long run they would have been game wrecking.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:55 pm

On Arrawn's legion of dead: a huge factor that would balance if not neuter them is, to enforce the requirement that the regent be in the same province. Regent wants to apply a NWP to an action out of province, do an adventure, attend a diplomacy? Those legion of undead are now uncontrolled and doing what undead do. Best units in the game by stats, but they cannot be split into multiple locations with that restriction.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Reduced Adventure XP
Reduced frequency of Books of NWP

You may not rule/contest more than your Court-Level holdings at a time (maybe half-court). <--- something like that

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm

When I ran a birthright group realm rule was limited to a single realm. Realm being a political boundary.

So if Haelyn Aegis wanted to realm rule temples, they could do all Mhoried temple, or all Gheore temples, but not do both as one action.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Build Action XP reduced to 50XP per build.
----
Doesn't that just encourage cheesing it, everyone amalgamates into 1 nation anyway?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:04 pm

To be honest, I want to somehow encourage people not to all amalgamate into a unity, and keep everything within strict boundaries. I'd rather sprawling guilder/templars that spread across multiple realms, but don't occupy slots in every province of those realms.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Change to Animal Affinity (I agree, it is overpowered and skewing of results)
As a major ability, the character can speak with animals of the totem species. The animal must be within 10 feet of the character. This works as Animal Friendship spell, granting an animal companion for "Main Adventures." Your gain +2 to the EPL of your party on another type of adventure.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Seasons(winter): could just make it 60% Attrition, but allow ongoing conflict.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Naval is listed in the power rankings. Happiness is pretty meaningless, might get rid of that one. CA became the largest fleet in the game in turn 14, surpassing FvD for the first time.