Kn Rule Feedback

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:00 pm

And Juan thx for trying to give the priests some spells alternatives then Bless and pop growth. Priest should have only a few spells and having to choose a different path than the economic is good in my opinon.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm

DH - Dweomerheart wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:56 pm
Cant we stop of making realm spells obviously overpowered, please?. What we need is redefine some spells that are of no use, not creating the dopest ones. One of them protects against defection plus give a bonus. So two spells are ruined, defect and bless army. Now, a big spell to destroy undeads as if they were nothing. Next, a really good spell as Realm Ward gets even more doped. Really, we dont need more doping spells, we need to balance the ones we already have!..,)

+1
I dont follow the logic... You want spells balanced, but proposing changes to balance them, and thus creating new ones, we shouldn't do?

What do you propose can be done to balance realm spells without changing them? (especially the useless ones)
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:05 pm

I think adding a potential counter-Defection, is better than making Defection worse. I think adding a focused counter-Undead, is better than making Undead Legion worse. Both counters are limited, and have strictly better alternatives in a meta where Undead Legion and Defection are not prevalent. Presenting choices that are good in particular situations, that also make other spells good in particular situations and bad in others, is a better way of balancing it, to be honest.

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:22 pm

So how would the +2 charge spell work? Would an infantry get a 5/3 charge form the +2? or 1 2 charge attack?

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 pm

The templer should be more a support character than anything else. We are making them absolutely doped compared to a wizzie. They already have more personal power than a wizard, and now their realm spells will beat the wizzie ones aswell?. Such a waste ... can I change my class?.. seems being a wizard is nerfed now..,). No defect, No summon, No undeads....and the list keeps going..,)
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:26 pm

A huge caveat of this game is about developing a new pantheon. Creating something from the ground up, encouraging organic development over selecting optimal abilities. Diaspora I was all about the mystery of navigating a new world and learning along the way how to rebuild faiths. So rule changes during the course of this game specifically, should be seen as a feature in service to this mystery.

You want a spell that is garbage because it works with a theme you are developing, but it's a poor choice given the current balance? Great! propose it as a faith specific version you think would be balanced.

if it's too strong, maybe it replaces the improved bless spell; Juan will give you his feedback.
If it's approved, this is the game for playtesting for it.
if it's broken after a playtest, it's only 'allowed' because of thematic and this game's situation. It will be swapped out or rebalanced next game.
if it works out, great! Juan can update the original spell to something that has been shown to work.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:33 pm

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 pm
The templer should be more a support character than anything else. We are making them absolutely doped compared to a wizzie. They already have more personal power than a wizard, and now their realm spells will beat the wizzie ones aswell?. Such a waste ... can I change my class?.. seems being a wizard is nerfed now..,). No defect, No summon, No undeads....and the list keeps going..,)
A wizard should be a support character too. Wizards, as always, have flexibility as their strength. A priest can have, by game's end, maybe five priestly realm spells. In theory, a wizard can have all of the arcane realm spells.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:37 pm

OMG... and I started this game without the 'defection'-spell? :o :shock: :roll:
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:39 pm

There is no theme there, remember all the proposed spells are related to ol' gods. That is not an organic growth. That is predating from the past to get doped spells. Is like creating a Hammer Storm as Curiaecen, but with other name. I think adding more spells does not give mistery. How comes so, if I will know in seconds than every faith possible will adopt the spell?

A wizard at personal level have nothing to do against a priest. More armour, weapons, can cast even wizard spells. Wizards are unchanged since ages. The bad part of being a priest was than at birthright domain level were crappier (wizzies can get RP easier due to sources), but for others was more useful for support, and offensive spells were the domain of wizard. Now, priests will have excellent weapons against a wizard. Mortal armies will not have such trouble, they will be even also inmune to defection. And summoned ones will be decimated by the spells of the priest. Really, what more a priest will want?. Wizards will be a waste this game, meh
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:43 pm

When something is overpowered it is the Defection spell. As it is now you can not attack a province that has a lvl 2 source in the begining of the game if the wizard has defection. Everyone should be afraid in this game. Beeing a wizard you dont have to be afraid as you can make the ennemy units fight themselv. And bless is in my oppion still better as your first realm spell.