News Post Encouragement

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Re: News Post Encouragement

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:16 am

Well - I think we should all probably agree that the game isn't about being perfectly fair and equal in every way right? If some people have more time to devote to fluff - and they are rewarded minorly for the fluff - oh well. I am not going to be upset that CA or DK or SAS or PY got 5 more RP than me because they posted a cool story about how they killed their father for treachery/how Arawn's faith was evolving/how their people were dealing with yet another catastrophe/how they are a mad wizard intending to destroy the world.
Turn to Avani before you return to Avani
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:17 am

MD - Mishrak wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:03 am
I had spies in a couple court forums. It was informative.

Did you have a Spy in New Deismar? I set up a spy ring in our Alliance Capital to prevent spies.

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:19 am

i have no problem with the game not being fair, I have a problem with bad faith play, and people encouraging that and being turning a blind eye.

This has happened in 2/3 of the games played, what happens nothing every time. and relooking through the emails... there was talk about finding the necromancer, senja was wanting evidence to be shown and she'd be support it, then one month silence followed by invasion.
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:22 am

ST I understand you are upset, would you please direct that into making your own thread to host your arguments instead of sidetracking the other productive discussions going on?
Captain Shanol Flint

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:26 am

apolagies.

as for a news thing to go on here, i think it's a decent idea, instead of having to do a lengthy post however, a simple state of the realm would be best, even then that doesn't allways include people. i personally gave up on them part way through since allways felt they got ignored.

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:30 am

A Spy Ring doesn't prevent spies - it allows you a free action espionage that you can use to find spies. One can hide spies from the inquisitive with enough resources spent on it. I had put about 600 in counter-espionage more or less by the end of the game.
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:32 am

I know I intended to post quite a bit about my character and his people, weaknesses and all. Yes, I accept the consequences of that, but I'm here to have fun.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:33 am

Yes to keep it on track. I don't think it should simply be a play-by-play of realm actions. Or rather it shouldn't only be that. I liked the side stories some people posted. They weren't really about what the realm was - they were more about character development. Like when that Dhoesone killed her father for trying to murder the ruler. Or the Massenmarch News. Or SAS's people being used to disaster. Providing broader context to the domain's structure or character's motivations beyond the "Well this year we set up 3 Law Holdings and some new Sheriffs were hired."
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am

well, i don't mean the state of the realm as " These are the actions we took" But more the state of the socioeconomics of the people of the realm.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:35 am

Yeah dont be the Facebook person telling me everything your kid did that you thought was just the cutest. I will come at you with everything I have...