Law Holdings

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Re: Law Holdings

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:33 pm

Single class fighters need some help. Maybe you can muster levies at no GB cost according to the amount of Law you control as a sort of impressment. This sort of make the Law generate an income in the sense it saves you whatever you would spend on the levy mustering. And it makes the Fighter better at building an army. So if I have a Law 3 and a Law 2 in my realm I can muster 5 Levies at no cost. They still cost to maintain and you still have to pay to train them up and you can still only muster levies once per turn but the Fighter gets a little break on the cost.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:50 pm

This would be good, except, there's already a raise levy action, and this would allow a realm to throw more than twice as many levied units into the meatgrinder at no cost without repercussions. I think if were were going to do this, we'd have to start implementing additional repercussions for losing units in combat.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 pm

No no there is still the same cap on levy mustering. But the Fighter doesn't have to spend GB for any levies he musters up to the number of Law he has. Province 3 and a province 4 you can muster 7 levies. Say you have a total of 5 law in those 2 provinces. You could muster 5 levies at no GB cost. Or you could muster 7 levies at 2 GB cost. But you can still only muster a total of 7 levies that turn.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:00 pm

I mean, the non-mustering way of raising levies. If you combine the two, and it costs nothing to muster levies, you could raise 6 levies in one turn in a level 3 province at no cost.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm

You can only get the discount up to the amount of law you own.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm

If you have 5 law holdings total then however many levies you raise you are still only getting a discount on 5 levies.

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm

I was under the impression that you could only raise 3 levies from a level 3 province per turn. In your example, you'd need six levels of provinces to levy six free units.

I kind of like the idea. I'd tie it to level rather than law, though. Like level or level/2 or something like that. Pure fighters do need a boost, as compared to their ranger and paladin compatriots. Of course, I've also long liked the idea of only letting warriors raise and train regular units (and maybe temples who take traits like followers), and everyone else getting stuck with the crappier mercenary versions of the units.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:09 pm

The free action to levy a province generates levies equal to the province level at no cost, but reduces the province level by one. This is in addition to the free action to muster levies, which does not reduce the province level, costs 1 GB per unit currently, and is also capped by the province level. This means for 3 GB and -1 province level, 6 levies can be produced in a level 3 province right now.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:12 pm

I like the idea of the warrior being able to levy. I'd challenge that Ranger or Paladin get all that much cooler stuff for being a regent. Maybe give them the option for the 1/2 RP from the secondary or the levy bonus would be good.

And I was under the impression Alim was, a province 3 gets you at most 3 levies that season.

"You may muster up to your holding or province level (though always globally capped at province level, per province. Priority for conflicting orders will be law--province--temple--guild."
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:15 pm

I get what you are sayıng -- you're talking about raising three levies from a level 3 province AND THEN levying the province.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."