Law Holdings

User avatar
JB - Jana Boulderbrew
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Law Holdings

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:24 am

Something like this I think:

Province(4) A owned by X. Province has Law(2)[regent X] and Law(2)[regent Y].

X levies, so province goes 4>3 and the law holding owned by X goes from 2>1.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

User avatar
AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Law Holdings

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:32 am

I thought that the holdings only go down if they are at max? Or is that only if holdings are split that this senario happens?

User avatar
YK - Yuri Khavlor
King
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Law Holdings

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:36 am

Holdings should only be reduced if the total exceeds the new province level.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

User avatar
AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Law Holdings

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:10 am

Ah so if there are 2 regents with lvl 2 each then the province lvl 4 owner of the holdings would loose one lvl holding.

User avatar
YK - Yuri Khavlor
King
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Law Holdings

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:26 am

Yes. It was being abused in the past to reduce non-province rulers holdings, without using the contest action as intended. The Ruler and State X holdings now pay the price of last holdings for levying provinces and reducing holding slots.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DH - Dweomerheart
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 am

Re: Law Holdings

Post by DH - Dweomerheart » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 am

I understand the exploit problem but realistically should all holding owners be adversively affected. It should be random and not only the province owner. If there is a levied province that is already worse enough- not understandable that only the holdings of the owner should suffer in war.

User avatar
YK - Yuri Khavlor
King
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Law Holdings

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 am

The idea is that if you are calling up a levy of peasants to fight for you, the units that answer the call to arms are going to be formed by loyal peasants and not the disloyal ones living in the province.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DH - Dweomerheart
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 am

Re: Law Holdings

Post by DH - Dweomerheart » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:01 am

Why should someone working in another holding be disloyal? It’s just another work not someone against the province ruler? Not all people can work for the same Organisation.

User avatar
WB - Water's Blessing
King
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Mind your own business

Re: Law Holdings

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 am

If someone is an official state church or guild, one can reasonably assume they're more closely tied to the regent than ones that aren't. I'm not sure how it works if there's no official relationship, though -- for example, in a province 5 with a guild 3 and a guild 2, I don't know that it's automatically the 3 that loses a holding or whether it would be a 60% chance for the 3 and a 40% chance for the 2.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

User avatar
YK - Yuri Khavlor
King
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Law Holdings

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:10 am

IIRC Juan stated random, after Province ruler then State X.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

Post Reply