Future game set-up concepts

TF - The Fortress

Re: Future game set-up concepts

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:03 pm

MF - Morcuan the Fay wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:45 am
I didn't say anything about 'many'. I know the reason why most players want to move on is because they're demoralized. I also know certain players--Rich and Sam especially, with John arguing most feverishly in support of them--have been deliberately engineering that demoralization by attempting to convince others everything's hopeless and Mishrak is unstoppable, including by having their characters dedicate their support to him, even when that doesn't quite make sense based on their character designs. They're trying to get other players excited about the new game and shift all their attention to it, even before this one can resolve, wrap up, and produce partial closure.

They're hostile to the idea of spending another month or two to establish how this game ended, having gone as far as decreeing predictions of what's going to happen as if it's obvious, and dismissing important details like exactly who fills the Pantheon as not important enough to bother with, also because they don't want that to shift or settle from what was on the board last turn.

It can't be completely unrelated to my plotline when there's sabotage occurring aimed to exacerbate and use the bad mood which is motivated by a desire to sever the plot before it can turn or even settle. If that's not what's happening, why do they fight so hard and sacrifice so much for it?

I can't speak specifically for AA or BMs reasons, although most anyone can make some good presumptions for each.

AA is actively working to aid MD since she has seen his rule to be essentially benevolent to those who follow The Hunt. Additionally, the faith of Gaia was initially sponsored by and facilitated by MD. Throw in his continual support with the GLC and the security his forces provide against all invaders (alien or otherwise) and it is clearly a wise and reasonable action on her part. This was a common theme when Riva spoke to each of the primary groupings under The Hunt, they live better, have more security, and are able to accomplish more because of their group than any downside of a loss of 'freedom.'

BM is actively assisting MD because he had the resources to pay top GB for all of the relics BM was stealing. Throw in that MD was also actively able to smash any opposing force that sought control over the Shieldlands furthers BMs desires to see no one profit from his lost 'empire.' That MD was Riva's enemy back then was icing on the cake as anyone opposed to Riva was a friend in BMs mind.

Riva, for his part, prepared against and fought against MD from the beginning. In fact, Riva put so much emphasis on his beliefs, the majority of the Islands followed his lead in seeing MD as the enemy. It was after the battles in the Shieldlands and the Siege of Dithmarshen (when Riva was captured), that Riva began to realize that for all of MDs stated goals and the fear of a 'hunger games' that such was likely not to happen. The lands of The Hunt were far more peaceful, advanced, and thriving than any other realm...and it wasn't even close. Riva took a trip away to contemplate what he had seen and on his return dedicated himself to Hircine as it was clear the beliefs of 'The Way' (previously Ishka) and Hircine were more fully in alignment than apart.

MFs 'plotting' had nothing to do with any decisions made on my part as far as moving on to the next game. To have had any impact, I would have had to know there was a plot with enough resources to have some sort of chance, and two I would have had to believe the game wasn't already over.

I made it clear back in Turn 20 to Juan I was ready for the next game, and I believe there was a post series around Turn 22 or so as well. The game has been over for a while in my mind. As AB indicated, 10 turns or so ago.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:08 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Nice try, as usually.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:11 pm

Sure thing, boss.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm

It's not so much about what you did in-game as what you did OOC. Especially this turn.
Last edited by TH - The Hunt on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm

Sure thing.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm

And you're still doing it.

Why is everyone letting him keep doing this?

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:17 pm

I literally broke it down at the top of this page and you dismiss it as inaccurate.

You don't want the truth, you want it to be this despicable plot that sees you as the victim and the only hope to save the game. Unfortunately for you, that's not the reality we are all in.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:20 pm

You're a master of post-hoc rationalizations and misdirection, John, but it doesn't make the things you say, or even the things you believe, true. Quite the opposite.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:25 pm

I look forward to your guidance and direction in the new game, it is going to be a lot of fun!
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Definitely lost steam for me, shortly after the skirmish between the Hunt and Islands Alliance. We started building up towards a turn 25 clash, we had a focus, only for the one player that drove the alliance to leave. We have been building since, but the passion was lacking.
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein