Future game set-up concepts

TF - The Fortress

Re: Future game set-up concepts

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:17 pm

That was one of the reasons Riva took a trip (not counting my OOC issues I was having to manage at the time).

Riva was concerned that he was directly responsible for driving the Islands to conflict, particularly after the Shieldlands debacle. Given what he had seen, staying in the Islands would have sparked the Turn 25ish war with MD -- which he felt would not be to the Islands benefit. By departing, he was fairly certain MD wouldn't turn his focus on the Islands and the Islands wouldn't militarize enough to truly be a threat on their own.

He also felt guilty about leading the Islands into the Shieldlands and used the time after to punish himself for leading them into a crapfest.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm

RC - Riva wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:17 pm
That was one of the reasons Riva took a trip (not counting my OOC issues I was having to manage at the time).

Riva was concerned that he was directly responsible for driving the Islands to conflict, particularly after the Shieldlands debacle. Given what he had seen, staying in the Islands would have sparked the Turn 25ish war with MD -- which he felt would not be to the Islands benefit. By departing, he was fairly certain MD wouldn't turn his focus on the Islands and the Islands wouldn't militarize enough to truly be a threat on their own.

He also felt guilty about leading the Islands into the Shieldlands and used the time after to punish himself for leading them into a crapfest.
Well, it kinda killed the drive in the Islands Alliance OOCly and isolated us even more, because Riva was the one who had all of the diplomatic ties.
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:28 pm

The isolation would have been a plus from Riva's view (less likely to ever make his mistake of being involved on the mainland again).

The isolation OOCly was unintentional and undesired on my part, just had a lot going on with multiple surgeries and other things IRL. Figured it was better Riva took a trip rather than went NPC.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm

it was a bit sudden and sorta killed it for the islands, I think it would just be best to actually try to end a threat for once instead of keep running away resetting, running away ressetting, it feels like there's no point if each game ends the exact same way
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:13 pm

If we were to do a new game, i think something that would have more interactions between people would be better, say in a single city with a surronding area where we're cometeting for influence and control of the country, acting for outside influence, own profits or ideas. since it's a small localized place it would make events people host or interactions between people more personal.

The main issue people have is geography and ending up isolated . so creating an enviroment where you could just encounter a rival or nother PC on the road would be an interesting change of pace.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Too many people for one city but I also would like to play with all of us in one realm and supposedly working together to stave off outside threats and of course the interior struggle for power trying to balance survival with advancement etc.

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:35 pm

BM - Braun von Mauler wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Too many people for one city but I also would like to play with all of us in one realm and supposedly working together to stave off outside threats and of course the interior struggle for power trying to balance survival with advancement etc.
i say one city, but would be one main city with say some small towns or forts people would control, pretty much there would be a hub place

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Really depends how you set up the city. You could have each district be a province in terms of holdings. Then the city may have like 7-10 different districts and surrounding supporting lands in the form of fisheries, farmlands, mines, etc.
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:46 pm

i was somewhat inspired by this map https://imgur.com/NzXBhhl

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:53 am

RC - Riva wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:03 pm
The lands of The Hunt were far more peaceful, advanced, and thriving than any other realm...and it wasn't even close. Riva took a trip away to contemplate what he had seen and on his return dedicated himself to Hircine as it was clear the beliefs of 'The Way' (previously Ishka) and Hircine were more fully in alignment than apart.
The Hunt is evil. It is the antithesis of everything Aurelia believes in. Literally, LG vs CE. Mishrak has shown himself to be reasonable and rational and useful but at the end of the day, he is an enemy. His people are miserable wretches who betray their own families for little gain. They are backstabbing monsters who need to spend some time re-evaluating their life choices. How Riva spent time evaluating his own and came to that side is incomprehensible.

We are poised now perhaps to fight on an open field with more then 100 units per side. That is reason enough to end the game from Juan's perspective. What we don't have right now is a cause for war. Mishrak has been....behaving himself. No outrage to avenge, no innocent realm to defend against a brutal invader. And there's always the problem that his team is better led and organized then my team(only cuz you defected) and we really don't have a chance a winning.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist