2x treasure farming

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Re: 2x treasure farming

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:58 am

I like that too. Rather than fail an event exclusively by ignoring it for multiple turns, it can be failed sooner with a negative resolution.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am

Yeah, that works. If it is at -100% (or worse) at the end of any turn, it immediately triggers the secondary effect, and you can no longer negatively impact the underlying adventure.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 am

I like that too.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am

I don't like that you get a reward for making an adventure harder. You get loot by adventuring not by making an adventure tougher.

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 am

Can you give an example Juan?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:17 am

You can attempt to make an adventure harder. It has the exact same treasure rolls as if you were trying to resolve it.
IF you "resolve" a make harder adventure, it adds the % chance you had to resolve it, to make it harder to resolve later.

Ie, if an adventure is resolved @ -20% it means your chance to resolve it is 20% less than normal. If you fail to resolve it, the % chance moves by your unmodified chance to resolve.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:19 am

I think the idea is, when the necromancer starts terrorizing the villagers, instead of crushing their skeletons and looting their tower to get rewards from the adoring public, you assist with raids on the local temples and defeat the militia captain so the village can be sacked, and the adoring necromancer lets you keep some of the spoils.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:21 am

VV - Vic Vru wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am
I don't like that you get a reward for making an adventure harder. You get loot by adventuring not by making an adventure tougher.
I think of it as you've succeeded in helping, rather than thwarting, the forces troubling the province.

In this situation, if you've chosen to negatively impact the adventure, you've helped those underground undead, not hurt them. And I hope that fits with y'all's alignment ...

Edit: yeah, what MF said
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:23 am

MF - Morcuan the Fay wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:19 am
I think the idea is, when the necromancer starts terrorizing the villagers, instead of crushing their skeletons and looting their tower to get rewards from the adoring public, you assist with raids on the local temples and defeat the militia captain so the village can be sacked, and the adoring necromancer lets you keep some of the spoils.

But that should have possible consequences. Maybe you were seen slaughtering some peasants or seen helping the Necromancer raising some Undead.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:23 am

MF - Morcuan the Fay wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:19 am
Yup