2x treasure farming

CSF - Flint

2x treasure farming

Post by CSF - Flint » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:28 am

9. Evergloam Adventure(All): Underground/Undead Min DC: 4 (2x Treasure Roll; +4 Hits) [-180% to resolve]

I think this is a broken mechanic which we resolved by only giving double treasure upon resolution - has this philosophy changed back?
Captain Shanol Flint

CIC - Duke Cicero

Re: 2x treasure farming

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:41 am

It does seem likely that the majority of people negging that adventure are doing it to keep the opportunity open, though there are also possibly enough people who harbour ill will towards Cold Harbour.

But yeah, probably the former.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:43 am

If it is made worse and not resolved, it should accelerate the timeline of the additional issues arising from it. And it should get ugly quickly if it is being farmed :)
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:44 am

Accelerating the negatives doesnt address the problem, it makes it worse for whoever had the terrible luck of spawning the 2X treasure event.
Captain Shanol Flint

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:54 am

There have been 2x treasure, and 2x treasure on resolution so I suspect both are possible

Juan could consider applying the last adventure modifier as opposed to stacking modifiers.

It could be accepted as a legitimate conflict strategy, as well. Does your side ignore the event and take the hit from it remaining unresolved, or do you match manpower towards its resolution?
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am

I think the real root is a desire to not resolve it, more than it is a desire to harm whoever it happened to. In this case it may be a happy coincidence, but I don't think it was the actual underlying reason. I will in the future only have 2x Treasure on Resolution

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 am

2x only on resolution, or 2x only on attempting to resolve? I think it's fair to just remove the 2x from negative impacting.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am

DM Juan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am
I think the real root is a desire to not resolve it, more than it is a desire to harm whoever it happened to. In this case it may be a happy coincidence, but I don't think it was the actual underlying reason. I will in the future only have 2x Treasure on Resolution
For next game consider locking "magic items" behind a resolution too.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 am

FTC - Au wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am
DM Juan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am
For next game consider locking "magic items" behind a resolution too.

Absolutely not.

Adventuring must give reward or being an adventurer will be even worse. I don't think adventuring is to good or anything.

This thread is about fixing an abuse of farming 2* reward adventures.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:55 am

Two other solutions: If an adventure's resolution chance reaches -100%, further attempts to drive it into the negative will not work, and will instead have a chance of causing the adventure to immediately end and generate the result it would have created if ignored. The other is to roll the negative resolution chance at the end of every round to see if the adventure ends in failure and can no longer be swayed in either direction.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."