Using "Blood Failure" to enforce Agreements

DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Using "Blood Failure" to enforce Agreements

Post by DM Juan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:13 pm

In the cosmology of this game, and all the games in the series, the "Original Gods" ascended the same way the Gods did in Diaspora 1.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm

(semi-)Stable time loop shenanigans, I guess. Haha.

I would agree that gods shouldn't have any lingering power over an Investiture after they perform it. If they make a mistake they should have to see it reversed the hard way, just like everyone else. When regents suffer regency failure, I think it should be the result of rejection by whatever is the source of their regency (provinces and holdings) rather than a god's judgement.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:13 am

If there is no written agreement about punishment there should be none in my opinion. A lot of players telling a lot of bull shit what are meant to be and what they are remembering. Only half of this is true sometimes. In addition ooc/ic are sometimes mixed or wrongly used, so for agreements in my opinion only written agreements including order mails to Juan should be used.

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:30 am

If it’s unclear who is responsible for giving correct information to the buyer about past agreements I would rule that the seller is obliged to
Inform the buyer about every agreement or blood oath in place about the selling goods. If he does not he is responsible about every broken agreement from the past that he not communicate to the next owner. Otherwise nobody can buy something without being sure if some damming pact from the past is in place which will punish him without him
knowing it.

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am

The reasoning logic is like this: If someone selling per investiture something without informing about valid blood oaths regarding the goods he himself break the oath knowing that the buyer will likely have to do so not knowing this before the decision to buy was done.

MaH - Meganno al Hamam

Post by MaH - Meganno al Hamam » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:53 am

Of course this can be colored by the god/priest you make your bloodoath with- a thieves god would perhaps allow such a deal for the seller giving him all responsibility, but the general requirement should be simple: everyone who knowingly does a oath will be punished if he breaks it by giving the goods away without informing the next owner before the deal is investitured.