Poll: New Game

Are you ready to move on to the next chapter and start a new game?

Yes, everything I wanted to work on is complete.
22%
Yes, but there were minor things I wished to resolve.
44%
Yes, but there were still major things I wished to resolve.
6%
We're in a game?
No votes
No, but I had most of the things I was working on resolved.
6%
No, and there are major issues I am still workingn on resolving.
22%
HELL NO! You can't end my plotting yet!
No votes

Total votes: 18

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Poll: New Game

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Still reading them relevant psychology articles.

"Abrasive or seductive, openly domineering or slyly passive-aggressive, narcissists are bullies who elicit a fear response in those around them. Family members and others within the narcissist's orbit experience long-term hyperarousal that drains the body and leads to devastating health outcomes, including ongoing anxiety, depression, chronic pain, immune suppression, illness, and a significantly shortened life span. Children in narcissistic families experience complex developmental trauma that hinders healthy brain development, emotional regulation, self-esteem stability, and identity formation and individuation. Such children are also more vulnerable to addiction and further bullying in their adult relationships. And the damage doesn't end there. Narcissistic trauma cascades through families over generations, reproducing itself like cancer.

"Recognizing and calling out narcissism should matter to everyone, but blaming narcissism on narcissistic people won't solve the problem. The fact is that narcissism begets trauma, and trauma often begets narcissism. As a society and a collective mind, we need to educate ourselves, in particular our children and families, about what humans need for healthy development and what unhealthy development—specifically trauma—looks like so we can mount an effective response.

"Awareness and early intervening support can change the course of pathological narcissism and those traumatized by it, leading to healthier outcomes for individuals, families, and societies."
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:49 pm

BM - Braun von Mauler wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:38 pm
Can we please put her in as the overall ruler next game? I have been saying for a while now that it would be a great way to simulate what it is like living under a ruler slowly going mad and succumbing to paranoia. Give her much more power than the rest of us starting out so her ravings actually have some force behind them.
I mean... it's not like we've had a shortage of those in the past. Also, there's nothing stopping that from happening in this game, all that'd be necessary is for Mishrak to lose control of his domain and for a character I control to inherit it. That's not something that's been impossible even as we've been playing. In case you're still not aware of how much a single action can change the game, even now.

You'd have to put in the work to drive my character mad, though. That doesn't happen on its own.
Last edited by TH - The Hunt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm

But this one is over.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Your face is over.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:51 pm

BULLY!!! POLE POSITION BULLY!!!

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:13 pm

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:28 pm

RC - Riva wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:13 pm
New setting is neutral to all at start of game, AA, BM, and myself gain no advantage for a new campaign.
This is never, ever true. It would be true in an ideal world, but in the real world, players have already made decisions about what they want to do before the game starts--or even before the previous game ends. A player who prefers and/or excels at a particular playstyle, technique, or archetype has an obvious advantage if there's a powerful deity that suits that archetype. It can be even worse when a god is established that has a particular mission a player wants to pursue.

I remember how enraged you and Sam were that I put a demigod into the pantheon in D1, and how angry it made you until Sam's god and character successfully overturned that setting and compelled it to be discarded. You can't pretend that you don't care about forcing the game parameters, or that no one's made blatant attempts to do it through metagame methods. That's again what we're seeing now.

If you didn't gain an advantage from changing the social environment, you wouldn't be trying to shut me down, dismiss me as crazy, mislead everyone, or talk up the people you want to succeed. Sam wants me to have an advantage (backhandedly, and with plausibly deniable sabotage) because he likes trolling.
Your argument about number of posts equating to my inability to let it rest can easily be said for your own multitude of posts. It is an inaccurate statement from start to finish and has no logic to it.
By this logic, someone who holds the line is just as responsible for the bloodshed as the one who repeatedly charges at it. My mission here is to stop your transgressions, your mission is to stay on the offense until you've claimed everything you could hope to win. It shouldn't be my job to call out your bullshit, but if no one else is going to do it--and worse, they'll even start repeating it--it's either this, or just call you king of the flies.
You continually try to bring in Juan and other players, yet you try to ascribe your intent to them. The poll allows for them to exercise their agency (from a player standpoint) as to what they desire/don't desire. At the end of the day, Juan can start or end a game at his decision, that's his choice as the GM.
The purest hypocrisy. The poll doesn't do what you said it did, and you aren't complaining when your intent gets applied the same way you're complaining about or worse. Juan is clearly in charge, so why are you fighting for a political campaign to convince everyone, while he's not looking, that he not only ought to end it, but that nothing else would be reasonable, or even possible?
As to 'Shame', yet again you seek to vilify or demean. I don't think AA or BM help their own cases when they do it either.
You don't shame someone to vilify or demean them, you shame them to get them to introspect and improve themselves. If my goal was to vilify you, I wouldn't be engaging with you, I'd just watch you do it yourself. Whenever I paint you as a villain, it's because that's how you're behaving. It's impossible for you not to have noticed by now, but I do not fight to win. My goal is not to defeat and dominate other players. In game or out of game, I'm not interested in that.[/quote]
This is a game. Constructive discussions and disagreements can be and should be had by all. Resorting to name calling and attempting to villify for disagreements isn't helpful (and yes -- I have used the same poor manners and efforts to villify you in the past -- I should not have sunk to that level and am trying to do better).
Absolutely true, Johnny-come-lately! I would appreciate the apology more if it was more of an apology, and if it wasn't buried inside a deluge of lies, manipulation, and hypocrisy.
If Juan chooses to continue the game, it continues. If he decides to start a new one, we start a new one. It is pretty simple. It is not a make or break decision that will shatter the community we have, I believe we as a community are stronger than that. Will some people leave and others join a new game? Possibly. That's what has happened in every other game for the past decade.
Pedals thoroughly backed, we have returned to the state of affairs we were in before the campaign to make sure this wasn't the conclusion was initiated. Ugh!

Did you win, John? Did you win the conversation? Does everyone like you now? Do they think you're the best? No? Well, that's a surprise.

Which is strange, because no one could. You'd think it wouldn't be a surprise when no one wins something that can't be won.
Last edited by TH - The Hunt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm

I actually want to play that game so not trolling. I truly believe you would fit perfectly into the role of a mad ruler and as the player and not the DM running it and neutering it it would be a close simulation to living under such a rule. As long as you turned turns in fast and didn't delay things until you somehow convinced someone of something. We would never get past turn 1. Hmmm actually yeah.... that would definitely happen..... never mind.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:43 pm

That was close, you almost expressed sincere thoughts.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Did you not listen to AURORA? She will make you feel happy. Listen to her music and be healed.