Poll: New Game

Are you ready to move on to the next chapter and start a new game?

Yes, everything I wanted to work on is complete.
22%
Yes, but there were minor things I wished to resolve.
44%
Yes, but there were still major things I wished to resolve.
6%
We're in a game?
No votes
No, but I had most of the things I was working on resolved.
6%
No, and there are major issues I am still workingn on resolving.
22%
HELL NO! You can't end my plotting yet!
No votes

Total votes: 18

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Poll: New Game

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:05 pm

RC - Riva wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:01 pm
Using that as an example for intimidation means you should probably also add in it is intimidating when someone leads off with 'Technically' or any other similar thing which establishes clarity and precision in a statement.
If you're intimidated by it, then it's intimidating. Which is not necessarily the same thing as it being an attempt to intimidate you.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 pm

The game is over. Enough people think it is over and made their decisions based on that that anything that happens now is not the reality of how it would have played out otherwise. Someone gets assassinated? The person whacked probably didn't care enough to defend since it's the end. Someone getting invaded? The defender probably didn't bother training or mustering because who cares? It's over.

No accomplishments past several turns ago have any merit because the game is now skewed by the lack of care taken by many players who see no reason for intricate or careful planning at this point. If legitimate successes do not matter to you then let's just all say you won. It has the same legitimacy as any successes you have going forward in this game where a bunch of the players are not making turns or are just adventuring or whatever is easiest to write out as they await the impending end of this game and start of the new game.

You won't have really done anything. Anyone can knock someone over who isn't defending. So there is no point to continuing. If there is going to be an open ended game it must be stated at the start. Not by one player who mistakenly thinks they can have a real impact on this game that half or more of the players are not interested in attempting to counter anymore.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:08 pm

RC - Riva wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:02 pm
I did and have been :)
So you don't know what it means or what it's like, though you like to imagine you do. And it seems you're not aware of your own emotions on the subject or how your actions relate to them. Okay.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:10 pm

See, there you go again -- talking about things you have no idea about :)

[+] For MF
Many are ready to move on. Some are not.

In the end, Juan will decide whether to end the game or start a new one. My preference is a new one of course. Yours is that he continues the old one.

Nothing has changed in either of our perspectives and I stayed they would not change either at the beginning of this thread. I appreciate your willingness to show that there have been no surprises/changes in your position.

Keep on keeping on, I agree to disagree with you. :)
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Sam, you are the one person who has taken more actions based on your belief the game "is over" than anyone else. You're not the best person to provide an impartial perspective on this, you're the worst. It's not as bad for anyone else as it's been for you, so you don't need to worry about everyone else so much.

Granted, those same actions also attempted to contribute to the game being "over" more and sooner, so maybe I shouldn't assume you believed it already.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 pm

RC - Riva wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:10 pm
See, there you go again -- talking about things you have no idea about :)
And yet your character has been working for the most powerful faction in the game and divested himself of anything he could possibly lose. So, he's in an advantageous position and has no practical vulnerabilities. Meanwhile, someone who enjoys playing from a disadvantage would be on the losing side, saddled with obligations they have to fight hard to defend.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:22 pm

Sure, that's one way to look at it.

[+] For MF

In the end, Juan will decide whether to end the game or start a new one. My preference is a new one of course. Yours is that he continues the old one.

Nothing has changed in either of our perspectives and I stayed they would not change either at the beginning of this thread. I appreciate your willingness to show that there have been no surprises/changes in your position.

The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:24 pm

I spotted a typo in your copy-paste. You keep calling the current game 'the old one'.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Not a bug, it's a feature.

Much like each of the challenges was a quantum state, I am currently playing the new game as well the old one (or for you it would be the current one). It is all a matter of perspective. So far I have conquered five of the seven cities, however 1000 turns have also had to pass and I am on my 234th regent (none of them have had long-life as yet and they are all goblins).
[+] For MF

The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:36 pm

MF - Morcuan the Fay wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm
Sam, you are the one person who has taken more actions based on your belief the game "is over" than anyone else. You're not the best person to provide an impartial perspective on this, you're the worst. It's not as bad for anyone else as it's been for you, so you don't need to worry about everyone else so much.

Granted, those same actions also attempted to contribute to the game being "over" more and sooner, so maybe I shouldn't assume you believed it already.
I did have it the worst. Please send me stuff next game people! Make up for my lack of success this last game.